Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Am I on a high or low dose?  (Read 4996 times)

fultime

Am I on a high or low dose?
« on: February 20, 2014, 04:18:06 PM »

Has anyone any idea if what I am on is a low dose? Kliovance it is 1mg oestradiol (as hemihydrate) and 0.5mg norethisterone? I am age 60 and just decided to stay on HRT rather than go onto anti depressants as suggested by my GP but I noted that some older women talk about going on a lower dose and I'm not sure if mine is low or high dose. Thanks all x

Dancinggirl

Re: Am I on a high or low dose?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:09:28 PM »

Hi and WElcome
You have been given a low dose HRT.  HAve a look at the list on the left and read up the info under HRT Preparations. You may find that a patch could be better at your age e.g. Evorel Conti?  Many of us would go for HRT over anti depressants any day.
Others will be along with advice..  Do ask if you have any other questions - we're here to help
DG x 

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 05:30:28 PM »

Hi fultime

I agree with Dancinggirl!

At 60 perhaps think of changing to a patch if you are staying on HRT? That's me - 60 and on a patch!

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:36:19 PM »

I agree too - patch is safer for over 60.

Taz x

fultime

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 03:52:55 PM »

Hi all thanks as per usual for your help, I am a bit reluctant to rock the boat re asking for patches as I am so used to being on the kliovance which suits me really well and also I don't want to annoy my GP and make her change her mind about leaving me on HRT lol, why are the patches better for me ? Thanks again x :-*

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »

Because patches are thought to put you at less risk of a stroke. The info on Kliovance does say that it's effects on women over the age of 65 are not known though and some HRT's state the age as 60.

Taz x

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 08:37:29 AM »

Any transdermal hrt ie patches or gel, is considered the safer approach, think it has to do with not going via the liver and stomach etc...

fultime

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »

Because patches are thought to put you at less risk of a stroke. The info on Kliovance does say that it's effects on women over the age of 65 are not known though and some HRT's state the age as 60.

Taz x

ok thanks very much x