Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help with decision please HRT v Anti Depressants  (Read 12265 times)

Hurdity

Re: Help with decision please HRT v Anti Depressants
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 05:51:53 PM »

Hi fultime

Sorry to hear you are still feeling bad.

If there is nothing else wrong with you I would suggest perhaps that the progestogen does not agree with you in this type of HRT? This does happen with some women. Did you feel OK on it before? If so it could just be that reducing the oestrogen is also causing you to feel like this ( ie the low mood in addition to the other symptoms)

Also to have any benefit the HRT really needs to be taken every day - you will be giving yourself greater dips and highs by taking it alternately like that. I think tablet HRT is not suited to this really - better to have a lower dose every day I would say.

There is an ultra low dose tablet Femoston which has a different progestogen, but this wouldn't help give the level of oestrogen it sounds like you need.

I think it depends on the situation with your fibroid - I think someone mentioned below about Mirena coil which can be used to give a continuous dose of progestogen straight to the uterus and is sometimes given for fibroids. Theoretically there is minimal absorption so few side effects - although some women do react to it. You could then take a slightly higher dose of oestrogen which should make you feel better!

Hope this helps.

Hurdity x

fultime

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 06:17:30 PM »

Hi, no I meant blood tests for other things, ie diabetes, thyroid etc?  Yes she said take it like that but I'm wondering if I should just go back on it fully and see how I feel, they are so tiny its not like you can cut them in half and take every day, maybe having one day off every other day is whats making me feel ill. Its like pregnancy sickness which I suffered with terribly :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 07:30:47 PM »

Maybe this particular HRT doesn't suit, particularly if you feel 'morning sickness'?  Awful  :-\

fultime

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 08:58:46 PM »

Hi thanks all for your input. I've been on this particular hrt for 6 years and its been good, I'm afraid to go back on the full dose because of the fibroids growing, I'm not really sure how definite it is that it does make them grow. I know the kliovance is one of the lowest doses you can have, so maybe I should just bite the bullet and take them every day again and just hope for the best with the fibroids. I'm willing to take any chance at the moment because its misery feeling like I do and my son is getting married in April and I so want to feel ok for his wedding. Thanks again for your help and advice I don't know what I would do if you were not all out there so thank you for bothering to respond.

:-*

fultime

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 09:00:16 PM »

Hi thanks all for your input. I've been on this particular hrt for 6 years and its been good, I'm afraid to go back on the full dose because of the fibroids growing, I'm not really sure how definite it is that it does make them grow. I know the kliovance is one of the lowest doses you can have, so maybe I should just bite the bullet and take them every day again and just hope for the best with the fibroids. I'm willing to take any chance at the moment because its misery feeling like I do and my son is getting married in April and I so want to feel ok for his wedding. Thanks again for your help and advice I don't know what I would do if you were not all out there so thank you for bothering to respond.

:-*
and to make me even happier I dropped a plate of spag bol on my cream carpet tonight and I didn't even cry x

Sarah2

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 10:53:58 PM »

oh dear- hope the carpet is okay!

I think going back to your first post- you should not worry about the fibroid until you have to, if that makes sense.

I was told I had a small fibroid the first time I saw my gynae- which was about 7 years ago now. I have been on HRT now for 5.5 years and the fibroid is still the same. I know this because I've had scans for other things along the way.

50% of women evidently have fibroids. Unless they grow really big or cause problems then they are best ignored.

I think you should try your HRT on a regular basis - not alternate days- and see how you go.

fultime

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »

Hi yes by some miracle I got it out, although I can still see a slight dark area but I'm not going to mess with it!  Yes I am leaning towards just taking the hrt daily again, I managed to cut it down to 3 a week without any bad symptoms then suddenly I felt awful again so maybe it stays in your body for some time before you notice any bad symptoms from cutting down. I do have several fibroids and last scan showed one particularly large one which was causing bleeding hence why I was told to come off the hrt in the first place. Thanks for your input, every comment helps me to make a decision. Have a nice day. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »

OH not the carpet  :o …………  turmeric is the best stainer of all  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]