Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hives (and I don't been bee keeping!)  (Read 7323 times)

Sarah2

Re: Hives (and I don't been bee keeping!)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 08:36:48 PM »

why pay when you might be able to get it on the NHS? A dermatologist is much better qualified to do this for you.

Limpy

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »

Bugger the allergies - I am NOT giving up white wine!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

That's my girl....   ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 08:56:14 PM »

Alternatives - if they have any back up - are available on the NHS  ;)

However, low grade itching can be caused by a drop in oestrogen.  I developed intense itching on the insteps when I get my socks off at night, in the bath and during the night - I could wake because one heel was itching the opp. instep  ::)

Pin **** tests never showed up any allergies but I know I have sensitivity to cat and dog dander.  I have allergic rhinitis constantly …..

Pussycat

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 09:58:54 PM »

Thanks ladies  :)  I had a cooler shower this morning and took some histamine and that calmed it down a bit. 

However, I googled "allergic to water" and found a fascinating website on something called Aquagenic urticaria.  It certainly listed some of the symptoms that I am experiencing but said it was mainly found in young adults (which lets me out!).  Can't wait to hear what the doctor thinks about that one!

Thanks Stellajane - I will certainly consider paying privately if the wait is going to be too long.

xx

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 10:59:05 PM »

There was an article in the Daily Express today about that and they ran one a couple of years back http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/307746/I-m-so-allergic-to-water-I-can-t-cry   It's a horrible condition - very rare. Do you come out in hives if you go out into the rain or if you cry Pussycat?

Taz x

Pussycat

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »

Hmm, maybe I haven't got it as there's been a lot of rain lately and it hasn't caused a problem.  England not the best place to live with a water allergy!

Don't know about crying - doesn't happen often (luckily) xx
Pages: 1 [2]