Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: What time of day do you take HRT tablets  (Read 11403 times)

anna123

What time of day do you take HRT tablets
« on: February 15, 2014, 01:14:28 PM »

Hello
I'm on my first month of Femoston 1/10 tablets. I've just started the darker tablets with the progestogen in them.I'm finally starting to feel better after coming off Everol Sequi patches, feeling horrendous off them.

anyway,I just wonderedwhat time of day other ladies take the HRT tablets. I'd started to take them first thing on an empty stomach hoping they would then digest easier and I'd feel the benefit through the day. Not sure if it would be best at night though. Sleeping much better already  though so fingers crossed it stays this way :)   

KatieLiz

Re: What time of day do you take HRT tablets
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 04:02:38 PM »

I started on Femoston 1/10 but now take 2/10 - I have always taken mine in the evening. 

anna123

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »

Thanks Katieliz. Is itmore beneficial to take them at night do you know?

I should have asked in my OP -why people take  them at the time they take them.

KatieLiz

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »

I just remember being a bit worried about taking HRT and someone on this site said it was a good idea to take it at night.

I think it was just in case you felt a bit odd, at least you would be at home in bed and not out and about in the day. 

Also by taking it at night you have more estrogen in your system in the early hours and probably get a better sleep, because  sometimes when you get anxiety and keep waking up it can mean you are low on estrogen which can happen if you have taken it in the morning. 

anna123

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »

Thanks Katieliz
Anxiety is one of my problems so I started taking it in the morning thinking it would ease my anxiety during the day. It's taken a couple of weeks to feel better anyway so it's prob in my system now anyway

lubylou

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 10:49:23 PM »

Hi
Once it is in your system I wouldn't have thought it mattered as long as you take it the same time every day. I take mine at night when I go to bed, but on the box just just says one a day. My pharmacist always seems to have answers to this type of question.

anna123

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »

Thanks Lubylou-that's what I though,once it's built up it doesn't really matter the time it is taken