Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What pain killers work for VA?  (Read 6819 times)

Maryjane

Re: What pain killers work for VA?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 04:06:16 PM »

Thank you ladies for your replys. Ended up going to a/e this am I know rather dramatic but my husband was worried sick. Anyway saw a lovely uro/gynae had a thorough exam no extra nasties going on, she wants me to try amatriptaline for a while to whilst the Vagifem kicks in. Six weeks of nightly Vagifem she had no problem getting the speculum in, both consultants feel it is the anterior wall prolapse rubbing so the Vagifem should eventually plump things up. I am the biggest anti pils person but I will give anything a try just to get a nights sleep. She also gave me some numbing gel to put on the painful clitoris. When I go back they are going to do a biopsie of the LS and put an endoscope up the vagina to make absolutely sure. Next job sort my head out God only knows where to begin with that one. Has anyone ever tried hypnosis?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 04:45:38 PM »

I think you are going to start to feel mentally better once you are not in so much pain. Isn't it awful that one has to go to A&E before you get the right help.
Perhaps ask for some cognitive therapy - I had some sessions when I was in a bad way with depression and found it very helpful - just a thought.
Hope you feel better really soon.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 08:51:56 PM »

Well done!  Take the bull by the horns and get things sorted!  When you say 'when I go back they are going to  ….. " did you get an appt. for a gynea Clinic from the A&E SHO?  I think that once you are in less pain: and more importantly that you now have treatment to help: you will be more relaxed!

Tingly

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »

Bloomin good move and hurray for a good husband!

You just hang in there girl, once the pain goes abit your mood will improve.

Today is the start of your road to recovery

Xxx

Suzi Q

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 06:19:55 AM »

Smashing hubbie xxxxxxxxx
Your in charge now and YES take the pills they give you
Its not gong to be nice but if in the end u get rid of the pain ur nerves with feel much better
xxxxxxxxxxx

Maryjane

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 08:07:10 AM »

Yes appointment with uro/gynae clinic. My husband is so so so supportive always has been, been married 30 years this year. He says the meno is "our" meno to work through together, and when I have black days his boss is happy for him to work from home. I was worrying about the potential lack of sex for a while, and he said we can be sensual without penetrative sex and if we can't have sex again ( I think we will be able to the vag just needs to plump up ) then you can't fight Mother Nature , you have to embrace her, and not to worry about the future to just live in the now.

He is a " naturist " he goes swimming on a Sunday evening I don't go far to embarrassed ( perhaps I should go he comes back super relaxed, does meditation and yoga) he has been asking the ladies there how there meno has been, apparently one lady went to the canal with a heavy saucepan tied round her neck, and a bottle of whiskey her husband found her in time. He says WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE IN THE NOW, as we can't do anything about yesterday, and tomorrow hasn't come yet and there's only the now.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]