Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ovestin cream BURNING help please  (Read 32180 times)

Maryjane

Ovestin cream BURNING help please
« on: February 15, 2014, 01:18:05 AM »

I can't sleep with the burning and I have a bag of frozen peas between my legs. I am on my seventh day of Ovestin cream and wow I am burning inside, my period has just started too. The consultant said it may burn for a bit, and to try and bare with it until it settles down. Putting the applicator in is also sore it is the back wall of the vagina that hurts when I insert the pessary along the old episiotomy scare. This also feels like the area that is on fire. The Ovestin does seem to be helping the Urethra pain though. I also have Litchen S. In America I believe you can get the creams made without the fillers, is that possible in the UK?.

The last couple of days I have also been off my food and this morning I was reaching but not sick again is this a side effect I will get used to?

The run up emotionally to this period has been pretty bad very anxious and extremely tearful I feel like I am going mad over night, and am a shadow of my former self. I am a wedding florist and have a huge wedding to finish off and deliver tomorrow and I just don't know how I am going to do it ( obviously I will ) hubby had today off work to help me.

Thankyou ladies.

Sarah2

Re: Ovestin cream BURNING help please
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 09:30:35 AM »

Oh poor you- <<hugs>>

I did have some burning with Ovestin but not as bad as you I'd say. But even now after using it for some years I sometimes do get burning with it.
In your case, I'd stop it- certainly during your period because  it won't be absorbing that well either. Maybe start again when the bleeding has stopped and use every other day to see how that feels? The applicator is just awful- the end is really sharp.I make my own out of a tampon applicator. Use the smallest Tampax applicator. Wiggle the tampon down to create a space for the cream ( you could guess the amount or fill the plastic applicator then transfer) the insert the tampon as normal, but remove straight away- that way the cream on the tip of it should be in the right place. Sounds weird I know but does work as long as you don't mind wasting tampons!

My gynae ( who a friend also sees) advised her to use her finger to insert the cream after she'd had a hysteroscopy and a cervical polyp removed. I can't quite see that working too well if you have to place it high up, but worth a try.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 09:56:49 AM »

Hi Maryjane
I do empathise.  I'm using Vagifem 3 times a week and did try Ovestin externally but found it really irritated badly - the Vagifem is slightly better. I have almost constant burning in my urethra which makes sleeping difficult and I certainly find sitting down very, very uncomfortable at the moment.  Fortunately my job involves walking around and climbing up and down stairs - I'm getting so tired!!!!
I may try using an Estring as it may not involve all the fillers and could possibly be less irritating??!!!!  The only lady on this site who seems to be using the Estring is Ancient Runner - have a look at the thread entitled 'Any one using Estring?" I'm not sure why it is not used more in the UK - it seems to give a slightly higher amount of oestrogen?!!!
I suspect your Atrophy is even worse that mine so this is why you find it so painful to insert the cream - you poor,poor thing - it's so miserable. I did read some of the research done on treating AV with local oestrogen and it mentions that it can take 6 month to a year for things to improve!
I intend to persevere with some form of oestrogen treatment as I don't want to have this pain for the rest of my life.  DG XXXX :hug:
p.s.I am sitting here typing with a very sore and burning fanny :-X

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:16:32 AM »

I can't sleep with the burning and I have a bag of frozen peas between my legs. I am on my seventh day of Ovestin cream and wow I am burning inside, my period has just started too. The consultant said it may burn for a bit, and to try and bare with it until it settles down. Putting the applicator in is also sore it is the back wall of the vagina that hurts when I insert the pessary along the old episiotomy scare. This also feels like the area that is on fire. The Ovestin does seem to be helping the Urethra pain though. I also have Litchen S. In America I believe you can get the creams made without the fillers, is that possible in the UK?.

The last couple of days I have also been off my food and this morning I was reaching but not sick again is this a side effect I will get used to?

The run up emotionally to this period has been pretty bad very anxious and extremely tearful I feel like I am going mad over night, and am a shadow of my former self. I am a wedding florist and have a huge wedding to finish off and deliver tomorrow and I just don't know how I am going to do it ( obviously I will ) hubby had today off work to help me.

Thankyou ladies.

STOP USING IT NOW ASAP YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR ALERGIC GO BACK TO GP SEE IF U CAN TRY VAGIFEM XXX

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 02:07:14 PM »

I have stopped using it o Friday was the last dose, yes I am going onto Vagifem the pain is so intense in just one area about an inch in the vagina. I don't know if its coincidence but after six days of the Ovestin I have never felt so depressed in my life almost desperate, the pain is also on one side of the clitoris coming out from the sore area in the vagina and the pubic hairs feel slightly alive. The gynae is ringing me this pm.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 03:46:12 PM »

Sorry to hear about this Maryjane

It's a pity that the cream is causing burning because I doubt this would happen with the Orthgynest pessaries - as janm has found - where the estriol is embedded in waxy capsules, but as these have been discontinued stocks will be running low.

As Dancinggirl says it is probably stinging because your VA is bad - and the tissues are thin, sensitive and sore and only when they are plumped up will the soreness and irritation stop - which is a catch 22 situation!

Funnily enough I had a bit of external soreness yesterday and rubbed in some Gynest cream (like Ovestin) and this stung me too - although I am on full HRT and regularly use Vagifem and Orthogynest pessaries ( depending where I am in the HRT cycle) so this must have been due to the irritated skin I had, since the cream has never affected me before.

Yes good idea to use Vagifem until you are plumped up and then you can always go back to the cream if you want to later on, when all is healed and healthy.

Hurdity x

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 05:34:56 AM »

I have stopped using it o Friday was the last dose, yes I am going onto Vagifem the pain is so intense in just one area about an inch in the vagina. I don't know if its coincidence but after six days of the Ovestin I have never felt so depressed in my life almost desperate, the pain is also on one side of the clitoris coming out from the sore area in the vagina and the pubic hairs feel slightly alive. The gynae is ringing me this pm.

Oh I know that feeling its as if all the pubic hair roots are alive and are tingling and sore yes?
Depressed I cant remember to be honest but I did have a nervy beak down at the time?
Im glad u have stopped the Ovestin sounds as if it was an alergy some ladies have had it.
See GP chat try Vagifem if u can it was almost  miracle for me god bless xxxxxxxxxxxx