Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: From tablets to patches  (Read 2873 times)

Anjia

From tablets to patches
« on: February 15, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »

Well after not getting on with the upped dose from 1mg to 2mg ellesste solo tablets I had to many side effects my gp has put me on a patch Ellesste40 is anyone on this ? I hope this works I have bad anxiety at the moment I think all this stopping and changing is doing no good.Also if I feel unwell on the patch will it stop working as soon as I take it off.

Anjia

Re: From tablets to patches
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:39:18 PM »

There must be someone to help ?

moonbeam121167

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »

Anjia

I have recently changed from pills to patches, it will take a weeks to work properly, I was on Climaval 2mg and have changed to Estradot 50, I am not 100%  but I know it will take time, please give yourself time, I am waiting to go to the meno clinic, have you been to the clinic , if not go to your GP and ask to be referred they can help you better, cheer up things will get better  :D

Anjia

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »

Thanks Moonbeam there are no meno clinics here so I only have my gp. I thought there would have been more ladies going through the same thing as us! I will see how I go for the next few weeks x

anna123

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »

Just wanted to reply so you know you're not alone in this. I'm the other way though mving from patches to pills. I've been on the tablets just over 2 weeks now and just starting to feel better.I think it can take a few weeks to adjust

Anjia

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 08:51:12 AM »

Thanks Anna why did you change to pills?

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 09:12:08 AM »

I went tablets, to gel, to patches but my reasons were a bit different to yours. First change due to lactose intolerance, lactose in the tablets. Meno consultant changed my gel to patches as I wasn't getting enough relief from the gel. I'd been on it for some time.

Regarding meno clinics. I was told umpteen times there were none beside me, other than a private one. However, it turns out that hospital run one. Got a nice GP to write a letter to gynae dept at hospital and was put on meno clinic list. Maybe even a gynae referral would help you.

Don't worry if you don't get replies to posts Anjia, weekends are often quieter on here.

Hope you get some relief soon. Keep posting.

anna123

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »

Hi Anjia
I'm 39 and diagonozed with POF last year.My GP put me on patches  -evorel sequi.Whilst I felt better initially I felt awful during the progestogen phase oftreatment -angry/irritable/intolerant,worse than before I started on HRT. The patches irritated my skin too and the skin was red,itchy and painful at times. I was getting really annoyed with them!

I was referred to a consultant by my GP due to POF and she was surprised I'd been put on the one I was on.She put me on the tablets where the progestogen is apparently easier to tolerate.Just seeing how it goes really.WhenI  first started on HRT I wanted patches but to be honest  -now, as long as I feel better I'm not bothered about how I receive the HRT. I realize now,from reading on here, it's very much an individual journey and what suits 1 person will not suit another.

My anxiety has lessened, I feel happy again and my meno symptoms have not come back but time will tell I suppose 

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »

Hi Anjia

In answer to your question - if you are already taking oestrogen and change straight from one to the other (ie pills to patches) you are far less likely to notice any side effects due to sudden increase in oestrogen, that you might experience if your body is unaccustomed to it. The 40 mcg is not a high dose so you may eventually need to have a higher dose, but good to start with this and see how you get on.

You shouldn't need to take it off - in fact I wouldn't. As it is oestrogen only and has no progestogen then feeling ill on it is unlikely as I said - because you have been taking oestrogen anyway. Symptoms (of lack of oestrogen) can take a while to return, although some women notice sooner than others.

Hurdity x