Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Menopace & vitamin D3  (Read 4034 times)

tearful1

Menopace & vitamin D3
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:06:21 PM »

Hi ladies, has anyone had good (or bad) experiences of Menopace they could share? Also vitamin D3 Thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: Menopace & vitamin D3
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:54:08 PM »

When in peri or post meno it's wise to take supplements unless you are really good with your diet.  Menopace is a good all rounder.  I take omega oils (that help with soooo many things) + glucosamine to help my aching joints and Vitamin D which is essential for calcium absorbtion, energy etc. amongst many other things.  google these things and you will find out more.  DG x

tearful1

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:17:41 PM »

Thanks Dancinggirl, I already take omega oils. I think I will give the Menopace a try before resorting to anything more sinister. Thank you

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »

HRT is not sinister you know. It has transformed many lives and is probably going to prevent a lot of us who have gone through an early meno very serious problems such as heart disease, osteoporosis and VA to name a few.

I can only think that you are looking back to early reports on HRT which were seriously flawed. Many women were taken off, or chose to come off themselves. That would have had a huge detrimental effect on their lives.
The information now is much more up to date and show the very positive benefits of HRT.

A few women will have some success with alternatives but they will never replace oestrogen and progesterone in our bodies. It's simply not possible.

It is of course a very personal choice but to call HRT sinister (if that's what you were referring to ) is wrong.

Honeyb
x

tearful1

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »

Sorry if I caused offence honeybun, wasn't my intention. Wrong choice of words I guess. I just worry about potential side effects of any medication & would prefer not to take it so I'm exploring more natural methods. It's good to hear you & many others have been helped by HRT & other things, I had just hoped I could cope without it.  Sincere apologies

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »

tearful1
I doubt apologies are in any way necessary. For many ladies HRT is seen as a big compromise and unfortunately brings a sense of failure.  That very British 'Stiff upper lip' puts a great deal of pressure on us women and comes from a time when women had no alternative. In Victorian times women who had a bad menopause were often put into an asylum. 
I think honeybun is concerned that you are looking for 'natural methods' when in fact HRT, particularly bio-identical HRT, is probably the most natural way to reduce and treat meno symptoms. Alternative remedies and supplements also have to be approached with caution as these will often bring side effects if not taken properly.  Alternatives are often expensive and certainly have no guarantee of working. 
I don't want to put a pin in your balloon as I quite understand you are reluctant to take HRT which can bring some side effects and doesn't suit everyone. I myself have tried acupucture, chinese herbs, homeopathy, and the usual herbal remedies like Black Cohash with absolutely no benefit - I have spent a fortune not only on these products but on various therapists who were trying to help.  I do think some supplements are worth taking as I mentioned above, however, many of us are very sceptical about the so called 'natural way'.
The menopause is different for everyone. There was an interview with a leading gynae on 'Women's Hour' many years ago and he described four different experiences of the menopause.  I am going to paraphrase now, but essentially he explained: " women fall roughly into four different categories.  'Women one' will sail through menopause with few, if any symptoms; ''Women 2 will experience a few months of flushes and other symptoms but they settle quite quickly; 'Women 3' will have flushes, nights sweats and other symptoms for 2-3 years before things slowly settle down and, lastly, 'Women 4' will have full menopause symptoms for 10 or more years." This only describes women who go through menopause at the normal age of 52 - premature Menopause, as I experienced, is a whole other ball game!!!
I have never been happy to use HRT, I see it as a necessity.  Now, at 57, I have managed to come off HRT and have few menopause symptoms but I am suffering horribly with Vaginal Atrophy which will probably be a lifelong problem - painful and very depressing.  I'm using local oestrogen which is not working yet - I'm hoping it will eventually work as there really isn't any alternative!
You could be lucky and only have a few months or a couple of years of symptoms.  Only you can judge how much these symptoms are impacting on your life.  Life is short, don't waste it.
HRT is a very personal choice - be happy that choice is there for you.
Keep us posted about your progress - we are here to support you. Good luck.  DG XXXX

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 08:22:13 PM »

As DG has said. No apologies necessary.
It is important to have a balanced view however.

HRT is not for everyone but there is no denying it plays a very important part in helping with a huge array of symptoms.

We always try to support and inform anyone who joins the forum by sharing our own experiences.

I just don't want any new members to think there is anything wrong in taking medication if we need it or think it's a failing not to be able to manage without it.

Honeyb
x

tearful1

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »

Thank you both Dancinggirl & honeybun