Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Menopause depression  (Read 14305 times)

tearful1

Re: Menopause depression
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »

Thanks Chatty & Bev, it seems we are all feeling the same, I hope you both feel better very soon. I have ordered a couple of books about the menopause so will be interesting to see if any good ideas in them, will let you know. However, I do feel I have learned a lot from this site since joining, there are so any more symptoms than I knew about!! Thank you

lubylou

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 10:11:32 PM »

Hi
 Like CLKD says give the anti depressant a while and see how you are emotionally after that.

You are of an age where HRT should not be a problem for a GP to prescribe. Without HRT I have prolonged hot night flushes, I am glad that yours are not troubling you. Read as much as you can and be an informed patient, knowledge about what is happening to your body will help you work out what you need.

You will find out what works for you but don't be afraid of standing you ground and asking your GP to try different options to help you through.
Lubylou

Mrs January

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 10:26:42 PM »

Hi tearful

I started Citralopam last year whilst in crisis and crying etc ....but thought form the stress of my marriage breaking down.....I have 30mgs daily and also peri meno having Mirena and Oestrogen now too. Sometimes tearful but on the whole feeling much better.

Good luck hun and hugs Mrs J

tearful1

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 04:48:54 PM »

Thanks MrsJanuary & Lubylou
I am reading everything I can, have had a couple of good days but not so good today, it's my Birthday but I feel very down today, I was so determined to fight this without medication but, as you know, it's not easy!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »

Why fight when you can have help  :-\ - I lost years of my Life because I wouldn't take anti-depressant medication  :'(

Happy birthday!

tearful1

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »

Thank you CLKD x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 05:07:02 PM »

Have sent you a cake in the 'events' room  ;)

tearful1

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 05:11:50 PM »

Thanks, what is the events room? How do I find it?

mamakaren

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 05:17:36 PM »

I've been on an anti-depressant as well as a hormone patch for 8 months & have had no sucess. Cant seem to find anything that works for me. But at this point I would try anything that might make me feel better! Good luck tearful, hope you feel better! And  :hbday:

Karen

tearful1

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 05:19:17 PM »

Thanks Karen, sorry to hear nothing is working for you, I hope you feel better soon & thanks for the b'day  message

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 05:22:39 PM »

Main menu - Birthdays and Events  ;)

tearful1

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »

Hi ladies, it's been a while! I have just finished my 1st box of Menopace & happy to report a huge improvement in my symptoms especially the depression. I have taken on board all your advice & eating nuts & apples & drinking soya milk dally which also help mood control. I have read up on essential oils & stocked up on products containing them. I got Euphoria perfume from Lush which I wear on work days to give me a boost. Even the hot flushes are less  frequent now. Thanks for all of your messages when I was at my worst, much appreciated! A great book "50 things you can do to manage menopause" by Wendy Green has some good tips too!

cherub0308

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »

Hi tearful

I wad prescribed anti d's for 5,years. I'm 46 now. I always thought my symptoms were hormonal. I decided to change drs and have been put  on hrt.  After being put on venlafaxine which is given to women who have had breast cancer.and  can't have hrt. My symptoms were  not improving.

My symptoms have eased. I am no where near,as emotional as I was. I was very low. I couldn't take any more. No longer nauseous either :and hot flushes are not half as bad :)

All the best.

Cherub 0308

tearful1

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 09:11:51 PM »

Hi cherub0308 good to hear your symptoms have eased too, different things work for different people. I'm pleased you have found something that works for you too

cherub0308

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2014, 09:34:57 PM »

Hi tearful

Thank you. I have just read your last post. I think I may have been replying and hadn't realised you had j
I am so pleased for you too that things have improved. I was thinking  of trying menopace as I  only take star flower.

This forum is great how we can support and help each other.

Take care

Cherub0308
Pages: 1 [2]