Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: another newbie  (Read 6866 times)

charlieangel159

Re: another newbie
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 09:20:40 PM »

Hi, i am 35 and going through a surgicaly induced menopause. I had a hysterctomy in 2008, right ovary and large pseudocyst removed in 2012 and left ovary and cyst removed in dec 2013. Along with other unrelated health problems over the years i well and truly feel like i have now fallen apart!! I have just started on elleste solo 1mg tablets as the other hrt i was taking wasnt helping enough, and it made me bloated! I am struggling with lots at the moment and feel much older then i am and still recovering from surgery! Any help/advice/experience is appreciated! :o x

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 10:54:07 AM »

Hi charlieangel - welcome to the forum.

You've really gone through the mill and at such a young age. No wonder you are feeling as you are. You will get lots of help and support on here together with advice and friendship.

It can take around three months before you can tell if an HRT is right for you. I'm  not really sure but 1mg seems quite low for someone of your age. Someone else will be along soon to advise you I'm sure.

Taz x  :hug:

JJ

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 12:28:51 PM »

Hi Sally, sorry to hear you having a rough time at the mo. Symptoms started for me roughly 3 years ago, I have gone down the AD route so if u have any questions ask away. I am much better than I was but symptoms do still wax and wane, I think I'm getting close to post menopause as I haven't had a period for over six months now, my symptoms do seem to be ramping up again so maybe that's why. Anxiety and mood swings are common during this time, if you read through posts you will come across lots of posts with tips to help you. It's a difficult time but this web site is a godsend as realising your not alone with these symptoms is very helpful.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 08:35:40 PM »

Hi cherub0308 - so sorry to hear about the sad and difficult things happening in your life and no wonder you are finding it hard. I do hope the estrogen works for you. What brand of HRT have you been given?

Hi charlieangel - Welcome from me too. Yes I agree with Taz - that is a very low dose for someone so young and if it isn't working then I would definitely ask to increase - but best to do this gradually to avoid side effects. There are other members on here who have taken quite high doses of oestrogen after total hysterectomy. What was the other HRT you were taking?

Hurdity x

cherub0308

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 10:40:56 PM »

Hi hurdity

Sorry for the delay in replying.  Been half term. I seem to be getting my life back since starting the estrogen. More energy., no depression. Its just amazing not to feel down.  I will check the make of the hrt for you. Feel yoga is helping too and eating every three hours.  The nauseous has subsided too.

Cherub0308 x

cherub0308

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 09:37:37 PM »

Hi hurdity

The brand of hrt is elleste solo . Been anxious today :(  don't know if that is the coil. My hormones or side effects of the anti depressants I am on. Not down though.felt I wanted to cry but couldn't. been so tired with period even though I have  a coil which makes, periods really light. I have been referred for counseling and they rhink I have a lot of  grief.

Cherub0308

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:06 PM »

Sorry to hear this cherub0308. Even though you have a coil, you will still feel the effects of your own hormones fluctuating i expect, if you ares still peri - ie your cycle will break though. You just won't notice any odd bleeding because the coil stops this.

Some women do get bad side effects from the coil so it could be this - but for you this would only be likely if your symptoms of anxiety etc started soon after it was put in?

Maybe you need a higher dose of oestrogen - depending on where you are in meno ( you won't know this with the coil I don't suppose?) and what dose you are on now.

I would take up the offer of counselling too - it sounds like you would benefit in your difficult circumstances...

Take care.

Hurdity x

cherub0308

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 08:23:39 PM »

Hi hurdity

Thank you for your information.

I seem to remember getting anxious before I had the coil. Was always towards the end ofmy period. Just got worse over the years.

It is 1mg estrogen i  am taking.

I have had really heavy legs over the weekend. Any advice?

Thank you

Cherub0308 x

Th
Pages: 1 [2]