Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Fuzzy head, dizziness and bad concentration  (Read 4759 times)

babypink2807

Fuzzy head, dizziness and bad concentration
« on: February 10, 2014, 06:20:34 PM »

As you guys know I had pretty much a rubbish year last year, this year I went onto HRT in desperation, I felt like a new woman, I felt like me.  It's now been three months and last two weeks I have had issue with my sinus, and now like a fuzzy, spaced out, drunk type feeling and lacking concentration.  Its awful, then I sort of pick up for a few hours and am ok.  Then the fuzzy head thing kicks in and it scares me stupid.  I have been so upset today I was in a meeting and I swear I could not get my head around what was being said.  Is this normal?

Limpy

Re: Fuzzy head, dizziness and bad concentration
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 06:42:29 PM »

Babypink you really did have a horrid year last year.

I think sometimes after you are on HRT for a bit it sort of evens out, the first high fades a bit.
What you describe does sound normal, well, it happened to me.

The other thing to remember is you may have a bit of a virus or bug. Look after yourself  :hug:

Sure somebody who knows what they are talking about will be along soon.

Sarah2

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 06:51:34 PM »

I think you need to see your GP- you could have an inner ear infection, or bad sinusitis, or similar. You might need treatment for that. Personally I don't think it's anything connected with the menopause or HRT!

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 07:40:08 PM »

What type of HRT are you taking babypink? Is it the conti (no bleed) type or the cyclical?

I get those feelings well into the progesterone phase of my HRT which sometimes leads to a 3 day migraine which comes and goes, but as the others say - it could be nothing to do with meno/HRT!

Hurdity x

babypink2807

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 09:12:30 PM »

It's the Conti patch

I've been reading up on my Crohns and that also seems to show up fatigue which I have, lack of concentration, fuzzy head like cotton wool,  jumbled words when reading and utter exhaustion so it foes feel like a double whammy

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 06:05:13 PM »

If the doc rules out other things, you might be reacting to the progestogen in the conti patch. If it's Evorel then some women don't get on with the norethisterone, and some don't get on with the other type in Femseven either. Not sure why your body would suddenly react to it though if you were OK on it before? Maybe as you say it is due to the Crohns.

Sorry to hear about this anyway and hope you manage to sort it out and feel better - nothing worse than that fatigue/fuzzy head feeling!

Hurdity  x