Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Another newbie!  (Read 5015 times)

Mandrose

Another newbie!
« on: February 11, 2014, 05:36:24 PM »

So pleased I'm on holiday this week & watched this morning!  I'm 50 yrs old & living in a bit of a nightmare at the moment!
I've always been worried (bit phobic) about going to the doctors but after very heavy periods & PMT for months, I forced myself to go before Xmas. To cut a long story short, I was 2 years late for my annual smear (abnormal one in 2011) & ended up having a LLETZ last week. My own stupid fault & I've learnt my lesson  :) I asked the doctor if this would help the heavy periods & he said I needed to go back to the GP to be referred to another clinic to test for fibroids etc. After watching this morning, I'm now more confident the problems I'm having are Menopause related!
Currently severe headaches, lack of concentration, exhaustion, memory loss & the most awful mood swings! I've also been diagnosed with frozen shoulders although I'm now wondering if this is correct. My worry has been my periods, the first 2 days are now so heavy I'm anxious being away from the house - I literally feel a gush & know I have to go straight to the loo before it happens again. There are also a lot of clots, which again I never used to have. Bleeding usually lasts 5-7 days, I then have about 6 days when I feel ok (not 100% but can act normal) before the PMT kicks in again. My next period then starts anything from 10-12 days after the last finished. Is it "normal" for periods to become more frequent & heavier?
I think this forum looks great & I'm looking forward to reading others experiences so I know I'm not alone!  :thankyou:

Joyce

Re: Another newbie!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »

:welcomemm:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:48:59 PM »

Hello and Welcome Mandrose
You poor thing! You've got the full round of meno symptoms.  Well done for getting to the doctors - do go back to the GP for further checks.  Hopefully you will get the right help and be put on some form of HRT once they have ruled out other issues. Soak up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen. We're here to help.
DG x

hetty

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:30:48 AM »

Yes, right there with you except the mood swings and the second arm with frozen shoulder...keep your body cool, exercise take time to really find what makes your body tick. Get some iron supplements. Oh you have weight gain too? I do.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 08:42:32 AM »

Hello Mandrose and welcome to the forum. You have certainly landed in the right place. Yay for daytime TV eh!

Take care.
K.

kiltgirl

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 05:22:50 PM »

Hi Mandrose

am new too, just to say my periods got really close together like yours, for about 5 months, they were really heavy..with clots too...but then after that they began to space out to 6-7 weeks, which is where they are now, my gp just gave me HRT patches as I've been feeling like poo and sweating like a pig...not pretty!

Good luck getting help with your symptoms x

gladys

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 09:22:25 AM »

Hi my name is Gladys I am 52 live in Scotland and feel as if I have been hit by a truck. :-\ on hrt now so hoping things will get better they do get better don't they please say they do I have a partner who has been fantastic and a son who is also trying to help just want to feel more like my old self again so hello everyone x

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 01:09:16 PM »

Hello gladys and welcome to the forum. I also felt as if I'd been hit by a truck when my menopause symptoms began so I know how much of a shock all this can be.

This site is great for help and advice which means you are not, and never will be alone.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

gladys

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 01:27:10 PM »

Thank you for making me feel I am not alone my partner has booked a wee day away for us but he is now worried about going as some days I feel good other days not so good and if we go we can't just come home as its a fair but away what do U guys think please any yep welcome

hetty

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 02:41:30 AM »

Went to orthopedic surgeon Monday due to second frozen shoulder and asked a few questions in regards to menopause and frozen shoulder and he said he believes it's due to a aging body. Got my cortisone shot and arm is sore due to a bruised shoulder from massage therapy but stiffness is under control. Will have to see if cortisone has helped this arm when bruises are gone. I feel it will be alright but who knows. I will keep this arm busy to keep rang of motion.  Anything to not have another surgery. I will keep posting my results.

gorgeous fluffpot

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 07:41:04 AM »

Hi Hetty, frozen shoulder is an absolute bummer.  I had one last year and had some physiio to keep the range of motion open.  Acupuncture for the pain (that really worked, if you are in UK/southern England I can recommend an amazing acupuncturist).  But what worked to speed it through was going up to London/Highgate and visiting the clinic where the Neil Asher technique (NAT) is practised.  It's trigger point massage and very specific to frozen shoulder.  There are some who are sceptical of this (I also belong to a frozen shoulder forum and this topic is highly debated) but I can say it worked for me, absolutely entirely.  Each visit gave me more range of motion, just five visits and I pretty much got it all back.   At the stage I was at with FS I would have just about tried anything, even eaten a tramp's stinky sock if it gave relief from the pain and the use of my arm back.  So in my opinion, for you, it's worth a visit and there are plenty of NAT therapists around now.   Hope this helps.

hetty

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 05:24:47 AM »

Lots of info on frozen shoulder but nothing is working for me. Tonight my arm so swollen and hurts badly. I feel I can go crazy.

hetty

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 06:34:38 AM »

I will do a new procedure for frozen shoulder called Barbotage procedure with needle guided ultrasound on March 18 after suffering my second frozen shoulder. This procedure should be less invasive but painful but should have full use of arm in ten weeks. Almost four years suffering from both shoulders.  Blah.  Want this over. I will post the rests after the proceedure.