Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: generally unwell  (Read 4390 times)

twinkle1066

generally unwell
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:44:45 PM »

Hi all think im peri meno startef hrt last week as have all the symptoms  :'(
Been having days of just feeling ill, tiref and  unwell for no apparent reason. Abdomen sometimes feels like ive been punched in the stomach - just want to feel well and myself again! Anyone felt similar? 

warwick01

Re: generally unwell
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »

Hi Twinkle

I think I know what you mean with regards the feeling in your stomach. Mine felt like a hot poka going straight through. I was told it was adrenalin related.

My symptoms all started around 5 years ago. I just don't know how I would be without my HRT? I know I must come off hrt one day but for now it keeps me sane.

Good luck

W ;)

twinkle1066

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:58:50 PM »

Hiya thanks so much for yr reply  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 06:43:06 PM »

:welcomemm:  Have you read the menus - left of screen?  Lots of useful info there.

Browse round, ask away!

jgr

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »

Yes felt all those and more. In the end had to resort to hrt as i just wanted to feel well again. It did the trick and i only have a few blips now and again. You will get lots of advice on here, it's a great place to feel like you are not alone and all this is very normal. x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »

twinkly1066 - hi and welcome.
Tell us a bit more about yourself and what HRT you are using.
DG x

twinkle1066

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »

Hiya - thanks for your replies.

Well im 47 and have been back and forth for the past couple of years with really heavy periods etc and told that I am too young for meno. Had terrible mood swings, to the point where it nearly broke my relationship as I was acting like some mad woman!

Since then periods been varying four weeks/six weeks and then in December basically stopped altogether. Then i had weird feelings in my stomach, dried up lady bits, smelly on occasions, dreadful anxiety, nighsweats, hot flashes - the list is endless. I noticed that I didnt have to shave my legs quite so often and found some chin hair (which my daughter pointed out and so did the lady when i had my eyebrows threaded - brilliant!) I felt like a dried up old prune who was growing a beard.

I went to GP several times who still insisted I was too young for this. I then took matters into my own hands and asked for a referral to gynaecologist. Within half an hour of seeing the gynae he had prescribed me HRT which i started taking a week ago. Its Elleste (think that the correct spelling). Since then my anxiety has been a lot better but still hot flashes. About six weeks ago i developed an intermittant ache behind my rib cage and in abdomen. Off to Docs yet again tonight to see whats going on.

I think my GP thinks i am the local looney hypocondraic - thats how they make be feel anyway!

Thats it in a nutshell, I've lost my libido completely and I am getting married in May - so thanks meno great timing - I shall be sweating down the aisle  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 11:24:46 AM »

Take the front page of MM to your GP  >:( ……… if someone presents with symptoms but GPs think we are 'too young' then what investigations do they do 'instead'  :bang:  glad your Gynae is on the ball!

twinkle1066

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »

Thank you - gynae told me that GP's do not like prescribing HRT because of all the scare mongering - GP could see what a state i was in and i was offered Anti depressants, counselling etc etc - and i was beginning to think that no-one listened or cared. Its the gynae who pointed me to this website and thank god he did - i thought i was going to end up in a mental hospital!  ;D

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 03:44:56 PM »

Hi twinkle 
Bravo that you got a good Gynae.  We all get sooo cross when we hear about women being told such nonsense by their GPs - how can he possibly say you were too young for the menopause - what planet is he on. I was in my mid 30s when I became peri meno and post meno by my early 40s. 
How long have you been on the Elleste and which one is it?  There different strengths of Elleste and there are sequi and conti types.  Do check out the HRT Preparations under the heading to the left of this screen. I expect the gynae started you on the lowest dose to see how you get on and sometimes it takes longer to kick in.
If this one isn't helping your symptoms completely you can probably try a higher dose or there are others you can try.  We all have to kiss a few HRT frogs before we find the HRT prince. 
DG x