Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hot flush all Week !!??  (Read 3759 times)

Heathery

Hot flush all Week !!??
« on: February 10, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »

Hi,

I'm new to this site but my GP said it's the place to be. She also said the only reason she could think of for me having a hot flushed face all week is a type of hot flush!? Anyone else had this? I'm 47 and have had a few flushes, normally just before a period, they have been infernos but quickly over.

This time just my face, neck and ear lobes felt warm and it lasted about twenty minutes. They came back a few hours later then soon after that it came and stayed, I have been warm all over the weekend. My feet have been equally cold. Otherwise I'm well (although have a 13 cm fibroid and a place on the hysterectomy waiting list) the Dr asked me lots of questions this morning, was very reassuring that it was nothing to worry about and put it down to the menopause.

Any one else had anything like this? I'd really like to know

Thanks

Heathery

Joyce

Re: Hot flush all Week !!??
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »

:welcomemm:

It was GP at my surgery who pointed me here about 4 years ago. I was having an HRT break at that time. Draining flushes that could last for a while, but not as long as yourself. 

Currently trying to come off HRT again, very slowly, odd flush. Only had 2 so far today, but yesterday had a few more.

Check out menu on the left for more information & ask us questions. Usually someone around with support & advice.

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 04:42:27 PM »

Just come back from my GP have the odd hot moment nothing much at all, but my feet are cold all the time, she is checking for thyroid etc but mays it's perimeno ladies get cold as well as hot.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:46:09 PM »

I agree flushes & chills. Though chills haven't been as bad this time either. Yes I've been cold, but mainly due to tiredness than anything else.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:25:44 PM »

lubylou

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:43 PM »

Hi,
I get hot “flashes” at night but they are not “flashes” as this implies they are short lived but mine are prolonged, they can go on for up to an hour, then I cool down for an bit and get another prolonged flash. Mine concentrate mostly on my back, chest, neck and head, my feet can feel cold by comparison as I am trying to cool off often in a very cold bedroom!

From my research I have discovered they are called slow hot flashes" or "ember flashes. This may be what you are experiencing. I am post menopausal and attempting to reduce my HRT to zero if I can, but doing it very slowly.

Miserable isn't it? :(

Lubylou

lubylou

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 08:45:59 PM »

You beat me to it Taz 2, takes me ages to type a reply and yours got there before I managed to post mine!
Lubylou

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 09:02:51 PM »

Sorry!!  ;D

Heathery

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 04:08:48 PM »

Hi Ladies and thank you, interesting to know others have similar experience although I am now on day 5 of a flush, certainly more like an ember flush than a hot flush but I think probably radiator flush is a better desription, it feels like the heat has become a permanent fixture and fitting in my life.

Next week I am seeing my dermatologist about something else but I am going to ask her about my hot red skin too, she if she has any answers

Keep cooooool

Heathery

Sarah2

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »

Have you asked your dr about rosacea?
A hot burning face may be a skin condition and may be triggered by the menopause.

Have a look at this info here

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Rosacea.htm

lubylou

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 04:34:29 PM »

No need to say sorry Taz it takes me ages to post using this I pad,  I think I preferred my old notebook but I am trying to more with the changing technology before I get left behind :-\

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 08:02:20 AM »

You are better than me! I've got a smartphone to practise on (OH's old Nexus something or other) but hate using it as everything takes SO long and I have to put my specs on. I too think I should catch up with the rest of the world. I also wondered if I should have an ipad or tablet but am not sure what I would use it for! I don't even unplug the laptop - keep forgetting I can take it to another part of the house!!

Taz x