Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: An Update and Advice Required Please.  (Read 2379 times)

Kathleen

An Update and Advice Required Please.
« on: March 25, 2014, 09:31:22 AM »

Hello Ladies, I haven't posted for a while although I do manage to check in to the forum most days. I am messaging now as I have an HRT update to report but I also have a question that I hope you can help me with.
I am 57 and it's been three and a half years since my last period. I began taking HRT two months ago using a 25mg Evoral patch and 100mg of Utrogestan. I was hoping for a miracle but it hasn't happened yet.  I still have hot flushes and anxiety and continue to feel on edge and tearful a lot of the time.
My question is should I have started to see some improvement by now or do I need to wait the full three months before things start to get better. I am concerned that 25mg of oestrogen is just too low for me and maybe I need a 50mg patch. I am due to see my GP at the end of April for a review but I might try and see him sooner as I feel so horrible.
I am also fretting because I have a family event coming up in the summer and I would love to feel like a normal person by then!
Thank you for reading and best wishes to you all.
Take care.
K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: An Update and Advice Required Please.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:51:19 AM »

Are you able to get your GP to ring you back if you can't make an appt.? or see the Practice Nurse for advice?

You may require a slightly higher dose in order to get benefit.