Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Too old for this  (Read 3181 times)

bowler

Too old for this
« on: February 07, 2014, 10:21:04 PM »

Hi,
I'm 60 years old and going through the menopause. I'm hoping that I can get help here

Joyce

Re: Too old for this
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 11:01:10 PM »

Hi there. All ages on here from a few in their 30s to your age & probably older. I'm 58 this year, so not so far behind you. We're a good bunch. All sorts of advice & support.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 11:29:20 PM »

Hello and Welcome bowler
Soak up all the information under the headings to the left of this screen and dip into some of the threads on the Forum.  If you have questions or worries - just put them in a post and we will try to help.  We're all in the same boat and there are ladies here who have broad experience and knowledge who can advice.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:02:22 PM »

Hi bowler

:welcomemm: from me too!

When you say 60 years old and going through the menopause - you are not still having periods are you? Most women will be well post-menopausal by this age but that doesn't mean symptoms have disappeared because for some women they go on for years even though they have passed the menopause.

How long ago was your last period ( if you don't mind my asking) and what are the symptoms that are troubling you? Have you ever taken anything for them?

Yes everyone on here together has a huge amount of experience and will give you support and advice if you need it! Ask away and we will try!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 01:18:34 PM »

:welcomemm:  there is a search button, top left which will bring you to previous threads on any of your worries or start a new thread and someone will reply. 

I turned 60 a month ago   :o
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:07:33 PM by CLKD »

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 04:33:09 PM »

Hi Bowler - welcome to the forum.

I too am 60 years old but, unfortunately, we are at the right age to be going through menopause. Let us know a bit more about yourself and what you have tried so far for the symptoms you are having.

Taz x

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 10:43:45 PM »

Hi Bowler,
Me too-will be 61 this year-you are not alone! You will find plenty of support and good advice on this forum ,there is a wealth of experience on here so just ask and someone will be able to help.

Diamonds and pearls x