Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Kliovance low dose  (Read 4211 times)

maggiemck1978

Kliovance low dose
« on: February 06, 2014, 07:34:31 PM »

Wondered if anyone else is on this and how it worked for you. Just been prescribed it and about to start it. Getting night sweats, aches and pains in joints, indigestion(!) so hoping things might improve with this. No periods for nearly 6 months and I am 53 so I am on a continuous dose.

Hurdity

Re: Kliovance low dose
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:58:14 PM »

Hi maggiemck - I hope it works for you but wondering why you have been given Kliovance because the continuous preparation is supposed to be for post-menopausal women, ie have not had a period for 12 months? If you are not post-meno then it is possible your own hormones may still be fluctuating and therefore your cycle may break through and you could get irregular bleeding. Was this explained to you?

Personally at your position I would start on a cyclical HRT - in fact I was your age and without period for 5 months when I began HRT and was given a cyclical type for that reason.  If you start HRT when peri-menopausal under age 54 then the doctors can transfer you to the conti type at age 54 - to see if this is OK ( ie no bleeding), but not at your stage.

The other disadvantage of starting on a conti type is, if it disagrees with you you won't know if it could be the progestogen in the tablets or what, and on a cyclical type you only take the progestogen for two weeks.

If you have had endometriosis or have fibroids then this could be a reason for prescribing conti I think.

Hurdity  x

maggiemck1978

Re: Kliovance low dose
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »

Thanks Hurdity for this..no my GP didn't explain about breakthrough bleeding or very much else for that matter. I may well go back to her with some queries arising from your helpful post before I embark on it. I have no history of fibroids or endometriosis. I do however just want to feel normal again but don't want to embark on something which may throw up more problems than solutions.
Thanks again though.