Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IBS help!  (Read 12938 times)

Sarah2

Re: IBS help!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 03:42:56 PM »

That's right CKLD.

The idea is that after 8 weeks you introduce suspect foods but in a very controlled way because there can be 2-3 days delay between eating and symptoms. And of course you only introduce 1 food at a time.

Some people end up having to exclude only a few foods whereas others are more sensitive.

Yes you can occasionally get false negatives which is why tests such as patch tests are not always 100%- the only real test is to eat the foods- or be with the cats!

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 04:41:58 PM »

I have discovered over the years what foods not to eat, and what I am prepared to tolerate and then use my trusty drops which were prescribed for me by an alternative practitioner.

It's a case of trial and error for everyone who has digestive issues.

Honeyb
x

westie

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 05:49:40 PM »

I've ordered the drops Honeyb along with some Acidophilus pro biotics which have also been recommended to me.

I, like you have a rough idea of what I can and can't tolerate so  I'll give these a go and see how I get on before I look at the FODMAP,( but thanks for the info Sarah2.)

Just talking this through with all of you has made me feel far more positive. Thank you.

W x

westie

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 08:25:55 AM »

Hi girls

Well I don't want to speak too soon but I have been taking the acidophilus and the Tormentil drops since Monday and my digestive system has taken a step in the right direction and is now much calmer - what a relief! :)

So big thank you to you girls for your support and advice. Just one question Honeyb - do you take the tormentil continually ( everyday) or just when you have a flare-up?

Westie x

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 09:06:48 AM »

Because it's natural you can really take it as often as you want. To start with I took it daily but now I only take it when the warning signs are there. Th grumbly tummy that you know will end up in the loo. It's an anti spasmodic so it will help the horrible cramping. If I am going out and am not 100% then I take it before I go. It's trial and error to find what's right for you.

I am glad you are having some success with it. Let us know how you get on.

Those little drops really did change my life.

Honeyb
x

westie

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »

Thanks Honeyb I'll take your advice and see how I go.

W x

Ju Ju

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »

I'm interested in Honeybun's drops. Tell me more.

Just want to celebrate. After months of severe IBS problems, then having to have 3 courses of antibiotics, followed by a few weeks of bowel irritableness (new word!), things have settled down. My bowel is not ruling my world, in fact, it is behaving like a normal bowel. Yippee! Long May it continue! I feel like....

:banana:

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 03:22:24 PM »

Hi Ju Ju.

They are called Tormentil and are made by A Vogel. They stop the runs very quickly and also stop the horrible washing machine tummy sounds. They are herbal so very safe. I was prescribed them by an alternative practitioner for IBS. Until I took them I had trouble getting out of the house in the morning and eating out was not an option in case I had to go quickly. Sorry if TMI.
If you Google them there are plenty of reviews worth reading.

They are also an anti spasmodic so help with cramps.

Hope this helps.

Honeyb
x

lubylou

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »

Hi
I have tried all the medication and none of it works unfortunately; so I am trying to change my diet but there are some many conflicting view on fibre in the diet , good fibre and bad fibre, that I don't know where to start!

Stress is the big one for me, any stress and the pain starts!

Lubylou

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 04:22:46 PM »

Have you tried the herbal drops.

My sister had her gall bladder removed and then suffered fro dumping syndrome. These drops have enabled her to live a more or less normal life.

Honeyb
x

lubylou

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 10:51:18 PM »

Hunybun
Are the drops OK to use if C not D is a problem?
Lubylou

honeybun

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 08:37:26 AM »

No unfortunately not. They would not help at all. They slow down transit which would not be what you want.

Honeyb x
Pages: 1 [2]