Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TEARFUL  (Read 7636 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: TEARFUL
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 12:00:14 PM »

It sure is and we have a tread mill - which I will loan out in-situ - anyone interested  ;D - it requires dusting first  ;)

Aren't we busy here this morning or am I prevaracating over the hoovering  ;D

mamakaren

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 06:01:55 PM »

Hi,

I had an opherectomy last January, also struggling with painful cysts with a cancer scare. Thankfully wasn't cancer! I was in the same boat as you, still am actyually. I don't know if your situation is the same but I was not allowed to start HRT for 6 months because hormones stimulate  cyst growth and they can lie dormant for 6 months and attach themselves to the pelvic wall.  :o I also experience the weepiness all the time and since starting HRt that still hasn't improved. Not sure why?

I have started a thread on here last week ranting about they don't prepare us at all for what is going to happen to us after a surgery like this hormonally. I was 38 at the time of my surgery and all I knew was that I would go into meno. They gave me no info on what that would entail. I was not prepared!  >:( I was also given the attitude  of get used to it, this is your new normal. Was prescribed anti-depressants which also have not helped at all. Wish we could do something about this!!!!

Karen

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 06:18:33 PM »

:tulips:

mamakaren

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »

Thanks CLKD. Guess my constant whining made you feel sorry for me! :D

I just get so frustrated when I hear that it's common for woman to be treated like this and made to feel bad for wanting HRT! I know that I would give anything to have my monthlys(including the pain from the cysts) back if I could! The pain was easier to handle then this emotional roller coaster meno has brought me!

Just give us all the information and treat us like the intellegent, capable woman that we are! I don't think that's asking too much!

myra

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »

Mamakaren sorry you also feel up and down.  It's just horrible and no one wants to feel like this. 

Certainly I'm already on an antidepressant which I took due to lots of personal problems the last 3 years in my life - I could honestly write a book!!  Even to get an antidepressant from the gp was difficult to start with.  I was told how I was feeling wasn't a medical problem and it was an awful situation I was in, but i only wanted something to take the edge of it.  I knew it wouldn't solve the problems.

The antidepressant was horrible to start with, but has helped me.

How I'm feeling as got to be down to the surgery because I didn't feel like this before.  I actually cried myself to sleep.  Then cried when I wakened this morning and couldn't bloomin stop.  I've had a quiet day, had a bubble bath and haven't done much.  I feel mentally and physically drained.

Yes, we should get told what to expect.  You get your discharge meds when you leave hospital, but they should at least give you a leaflet to let you know what you might expect - other than all the bleeding, dressings, stuff. 

I think in my case it's because i'm 55 and they probably think I'm late in the day to suffer any effects of the loss of my ovaries and tubes, but I know that I don't quite feel like I did before and am feeling a bit low. 

Thank goodness we can post on here and know that someone else is feeling the same as you. 

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 09:07:05 PM »

Years ago the NHS would provide after-care Nurses.  Someone to sit by the bed following surgery so that they are aware of what the effects are likely to be.  Now it isn't considered important enough so that service has been cut  :-\

myra

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 02:51:05 PM »

CKLD you are right.  Years ago we would have had nurses explaining after care to us which would enable us to know that some symptoms would be expected or normal.   Nowadays it's about getting your op, getting out and giving the bed to the next patient!!   It's a disgrace. 

I feel a bit better today as I did rest yesterday and had a lie in this morning.  Have been to the shops and bought a supplement for women in menopause.  I'll try anything.   

I have aches and pains and I don't know whether they are normal or not, but I plan to see my gp next week. 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 03:32:52 PM »

Take a list  ;)

As medical secretaries we often had to explain what the Doctors had been telling the patients - but we could tell it in non-medical ways  ::)

myra

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »

I think I also took my first hot flush this morning  :steamed:  The perspiration all of a sudden took over the top half of my body and I felt absolutely boiling.  It then wore off and I felt cooler again.   Suppose I better get used to them  :(

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »

It's called The Change  :-\ ……… difficult when symptoms take us by surprise!
Pages: 1 [2]