Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Just don't know what to do  (Read 2693 times)

anna123

Just don't know what to do
« on: February 06, 2014, 09:41:31 AM »

Hello
I'm in such a muddle and don't know what to do. I started on Evorel Sequi 50 in November and immediately felt better, my anxiety reduced,headaches stopped, flushes stopped. The problem was during the progestogen phase I was getting very angry, aggressive, intolerant and short tempered plus I was bleeding very heavily which was annoying seeing as I'd hardly had any periods last year :( I also had irritation with the patches ,redness, they fell off and I felt they weren't working as well recently.

I saw a consultant last month and she said she would move me onto something where I would better tolerate the progestogen so put me on Femoston 1/10 tablets as the progestogen is least testosterone derived. She was surprised my GP at prescribed me Evorel Sequi in the first instance. I've only been taking the Femoston tabs  a week and feel awful. My anxiety is through the roof, I  have a constant headache and feel rotten.

Should I give it more time? Does it take longer for the tablets to take an effect on your system? I don't want to go back to my GP without giving them a proper chance and hoping I will feel better soon. Is the oestrogen level in Femoston 1/10 similar to the levels I was taking on Evorel Sequi 50 or has my dosage been lowered? 

I'm turning into a monster. My husband tries to be understanding but I'm just so horrible. I thought once I'd stopped the last Evorel progestogen patch which I took off on Friday my anger and aggression would go but it hasn't.

I just don't know what to do

Dancinggirl

Re: Just don't know what to do
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:05:10 AM »

Changing HRTs can cause adjustment problems - it can take some time to settle.  I think pills are slower to kick in generally.  I'd try to stick it out of a couple of months as Femiston is well tolerated by many.  You do have the option of going on a higher dose Femiston if need be but I'd wait and see first as ideally you would want to be on the lower dose in the long term.
The alternative for you would be Oestrogel with Utrogstan which suits many women.
Keep us posted.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just don't know what to do
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 11:47:26 AM »

As for the anxiety ask your GP for some medication, even Valium on an as needed basis for a month.  You have a lot going on in your body right now, no wonder you feel over-whelmed.  Explain to DH that this isn't his fault, there is a page for husbands on ehre somewhere  ::) and perhaps have a buzz word for him to use when you are OTT  ;)