Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT update  (Read 2484 times)

Joyce

HRT update
« on: February 04, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »

On 31/12 I cut my 25mg estradot patch in half in effort to get off HRT. Now 5 weeks down the line, I have to say that I've not been too bad. I did start getting some flushes, maybe about half a dozen a day, some quite hot ones too. But then I read on here, someone ( sorry don't remember who) was having some success using 1000mg starflower capsules. Been using them also for about 10 days & now only getting one or two hot flushes per day. Still using only half a patch, get the odd warmish moment, but all in all not too bad. Better than last year when I tried to do the same & had to start taking full 25mg again after about 4 weeks. Maybe just maybe.........
Watch this space.

honeybun

Re: HRT update
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:14:47 PM »

Positive news CG. Hope it keeps improving for you.

I have been cutting down too but was feeling a bit low so decided to go back to a full patch.
It has just twigged that the reason I have been having horrid palpitations could well be too much oestrogen. Off to cut a bit off the patch so see if it stops.

Keep posting and let us know your progress.

Honeyb
x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 07:11:14 PM »

Hi cubagirl - glad you are coping well with the decrease - I can't remember how old you are and why you are reducing HRT? I seem to remember you don't take progestogens so you don't have that problem to contend with!

honeybun - the 50 mcg oestrogen dose is not very high at all but sometimes side effects are noticed initially when doses are increased as the body acclimatises to the new dose. These should disappear. Maybe if you do not normally have them then have a word with your doc?

Hurdity x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 10:16:52 PM »

57 Hurdity. Meno consultant was perfectly happy for me to stay on oestrogen until I'm 60. But it's not so far away now & decided I should try & cut it back if I could. She suggested I try again after Christmas to see how it goes.  Although I'm getting flushes they have been less intense this time round, and especially since starting the starflower capsules. I don't see her again for another 4 months, though she did say if I managed to come off it completely I could cancel my next appointment. Not quite at that stage yet, as I'm giving myself plenty of time to come off it completely. However, if I start suffering badly again, I will be the first to put my hands up for the full 25 mg patch.

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »

Still much & such the same really. But getting really cranky! We have an annual ball to go to at beginning of March. Ticket says 6 for 6.30. But now hubby says we've to be there for 5 as we are invited guests & as such are VIPs. I put my foot down & said No Way. Told to keep my hair on. It was same carry on last year. We're always the first there, which I hate! I don't know many of them & would rather not go, but it's only once a year. But I am sticking to my guns, hair or no hair on. Ridiculous time considering meal starts at 7.30. My feet will be killing me standing in heels & I will be hammered before the meal. It doesn't take much, believe me. Seriously considering not drinking & taking car. Ooh I am cranky aren't I?  ;)