Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Heart rendering  (Read 7911 times)

Rowan

Heart rendering
« on: February 01, 2014, 12:28:30 PM »

This made me cry its from facebook

Its an embed code that can be to shared on a website.

<www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=702168273160865">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/957kjr">95.7 KJR</a>.</div></div

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Heart rendering
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:26:53 PM »

It makes my skin crawl, the child with Downs Syndrome is obviously not happy with this dog so close.  I couldn't watch to the end …….. the people filming don't appear to take the child's feelings into account whereas the dog seems gentle enough. 

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:32:45 PM »

The dog was being gentle with him and overcoming his being unsure.

This is from the many comments underneath the clip.

"I saw this about a year ago. It was longer and explained the child wouldn't interact with no one . This was the first time they were introduced.it went on to say they are now never apart and the child has really benefitted !! Beautiful !!!!"

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 04:47:56 PM »

Unhealthy for them 'never to be apart' because one day the inevitable will happen …….. :'(  hopefully that the child interacts with other people etc..  Even after the child gave the dog a cuddle, the next bit of film shows him drawing away ………. I am uncomfortable with the whole 'issue' as there is no follow-up film as the child grows older …...

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 01:27:37 PM »

I thought it was lovely.  We have had greyhounds from our rehoming kennels introduced to children with a fear of dogs and the joy when they end up cuddling one of the dogs is amazing.  We have also had one go to an residential home as a permanent fixture and the older residents love her.  She also dealt well with an "end of life" experience, so much so that the family wanted to take her home with them :)  One of the old men in the home was very withdrawn but since her arrival he has changed a lot and now takes interest in things around him. There was one comment under that clip that always makes me smile - "DOG is GOD spelt backwards"  :) :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 01:50:30 PM »

My cocker was a PAT-dog  :-* .........

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »

Beautiful! To find something which helps a child with special needs interact is wonderful. Animals can bring so much comfort to people. The child was not distressed in any way.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 01:54:48 PM »

In the clip I watched the child is constantly backing away ...... how distressed do you want a child to be?  Perhaps the dog had an inner sense - they often do - that eventually ........

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »

Child isn't crying or screaming or flailing about. I think SL's post about them never being apart proves a lot.