Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Flying off the handle  (Read 4981 times)

lizmc

Flying off the handle
« on: January 31, 2014, 12:29:28 AM »

Hi everyone
I would love some advice, I am taking HRT for around 6 months now and doing great. Mostly all of my symptoms have gone. However, I noticed I react to situations in a very angry way. Not all the time, but I don't seem to be able to control it and it's over before I realise, hmmm I didn't handle that very well. Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this one for me.
Thanks 

Joyce

Re: Flying off the handle
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 09:19:11 AM »

I've always been a bit like that. Doesn't happen often, but when I do, I can go into orbit!  I usually end up in floods of tears afterwards, full of remorse. When our son lived at home, he could push my buttons. I walked away as I was scared of what I might end up doing. Walking away is always best for me, when it's possible that is.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:34:40 AM »

I too have always been a bit like that. It has improved, or maybe I deal with it differently now. I go very very quiet and like CG try to walk away. I do know that I am far too over sensitive and take things very personally. They go round and round in my mind which is not good.

Try and walk away from this kind of situation if you can.

Honeyb
x

KatieLiz

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:28:22 AM »

Not sure which HRT you are on but when I started Femoston 1/10, I was OK for 6 months but then I started getting tearful, irritable and angry.  I upped the dosage to 2/10 and felt much better. 

GP's normally start you on a lower dose and then you can sometimes think HRT isn't working, this is possibly because you need a higher dose.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 12:31:10 PM »

Prozac made me wild  :cuss:

mamakaren

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 04:17:40 PM »

That is a common part of my life nowadays! :'( I seem to spend a lot of time trying to control my anger. And like cubagirl usually end up so upset that I'm in tears! I really wish there was an easy solution for this! My Hrt has not improved these feelings for me at all! I have tried walking away from situations or avoiding them all together, but that is extremely difficult most of the time.  >:(

Karen

Mrs January

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 05:07:02 PM »

Hey ladies

I too can fly off the handle.....mainly with stress or people at home...I do try to take a deep breath and think before I speak or else I walk away and go cry alone....

Hope it helps ......

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 07:48:07 PM »

I can fly off the handle easily particularly when tired

lizmc

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »

Thanks everyone for your feedback.. I have been unable to get a far as walking away as it's all over before I realise that I was just crazy Liz.. Have been getting a lot of migraines lately so doc gave me patches to try, maybe that will help. I don't mind having a good row with someone but when the crazy takes over, I feel awful. I am calm at home with my other half but it's happening in work. Not good for my career.. :D
I am over sensitive also.. god damn you hormones

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »

Hope patches help you.  :foryou:

mamakaren

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 09:26:08 PM »

Liz, I have had a few incidents at work as well! It's never a good thing! Can't lose my job!  :( Good luck!