Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Periods again!  (Read 3011 times)

Tigger99

Periods again!
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »

Sorry to keep going on about my periods but the Dr was pretty useless to be honest. I did get my smear test done but other than that she just told me to keep an eye on my periods and see how it goes!
From reading lots of posts on here most ladies seem to get heavier periods during peri and not regular. Mine are still regular so I don't get flushes etc but have just become alot lighter and last more days than usual.
I get several days of ligh bleeding before my actual period is due and then 1 possibly 2 days where I need to use a tampon and then back to several days of light bleeding before it stops.
Has anyone on here had lighter periods rather than heavier?
I feel I get more help and support on here than from the Dr  :)

Hurdity

Re: Periods again!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:53:01 PM »

If they've become lighter but still regular it is probably that your oestrogen is getting lower, so less lining has built up during the month?

With some women when they are heavy it is due to a missed period and cycles where ovulation doesn't occur - so there is no progesterone, and this causes the lining to build up, and bleeding is heavy when it eventually comes away.

Have you read this really good article about what happens in the peri-menopause - I may have posted the link before.
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Hurdity x

Dandelion

Re: Periods again!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »

Sorry to keep going on about my periods but the Dr was pretty useless to be honest. I did get my smear test done but other than that she just told me to keep an eye on my periods and see how it goes!
From reading lots of posts on here most ladies seem to get heavier periods during peri and not regular. Mine are still regular so I don't get flushes etc but have just become alot lighter and last more days than usual.
I get several days of ligh bleeding before my actual period is due and then 1 possibly 2 days where I need to use a tampon and then back to several days of light bleeding before it stops.
Has anyone on here had lighter periods rather than heavier?
I feel I get more help and support on here than from the Dr  :)
Sorry to hear your doctor was useless.
My periods started to go like this: some cycles lasted for three weeks, others for over six weeks.
I think my cycle shortened to three weeks in my thirties, so, maybe the six week cycles were me skipping a period.

Femoston regulated them the first cycle I took them, but I always come in in the first half of the dydrogesterone phase, rather than after the end of the dydrogesterone phase.

Hope that helps in some way.