Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Heaches on Femoston  (Read 8794 times)

Dandelion

Heaches on Femoston
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:08:28 PM »

Hi

Yesterday evening I had a headache which didn't claear up with paracetamol, more annoying than unbearable.
Today, I had a much weaker version of the same sort of headache, but, now it's evening, it's come on again.
I have been getting migraine auras every ten days or so, but not with these headaches.
They are not a major bother to me, but when I saw the doc last my blood pressure was up.
Is it ok to keep taking my hrt pills until I see the doctor on 7th Feb?

Thanks

Mrs January

Re: Heaches on Femoston
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »

Hey Dandelion

Maybe give the surgery a call and ask to speak with a doc......see what they suggest x

Suzyq

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 08:54:28 PM »

Hi dandelion

It could just be a headache! If I were you though, I would pop into the chemist and check your blood pressure as raised bp can cause headaches and I stress it's only a possibility.

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 09:27:11 PM »

Hi
thanks
I can't get to the pharmacist for a few days, will it be ok to keep taking the pills till I can get to a pharm?

I took some pills after making the original post and they didnt clear the headache but they lessened it.

Suzyq

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »

I would think so. Bp if high, is only an issue if high for years or very high - and if it were very high you would know about it! When I changed to patches, I had headaches, but they have now subsided, so please try not to worry! Right now I am getting a cold, you may well be getting a bug - it's very easy to stress too much about hrt! If it worries you unduly, then it is up to you to decide whether to carry on or stop... Hope you feel better soon.

Eddie

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 12:17:55 AM »

Hi Dandelion. I had been on femoston 2/10 for over a year without realising it was causing headaches and vulvodynia. The headaches became unbearable, I couldn't decide if they were migraine or sinus. Only when I switched to conti did they subside. I also had higher than normal bp, still to find out if that is improving, don't think it is as I am having strange woosie type moments now.
I do hope you can work out the headaches.
Eddie. X

Morwenna

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 09:46:50 AM »

I changed to Femoston 2/10 six weeks ago after being on Prempak C for two years and have since suffered daily headaches, along with ear popping (which suggests they are sinus headaches, I haven't checked my blood pressure). I had no problems on the Prempak but wanted to see if a change of HRT would improve my hair shedding issues and spotty skin. It's disappointing as I gave a lot of thought to changing - was led to believe Femoston (out of all the oral preparations) was most like our 'own' hormones and the progesterone to be the least androgenic. But it's looking very much as if it is the Femoston causing the headaches - seems too much of a coincidence otherwise? Going to give it the full three months trial before I go back to the GP and ask to be put back on Prempak....  :-\

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »

I changed to Femoston 2/10 six weeks ago after being on Prempak C for two years and have since suffered daily headaches, along with ear popping (which suggests they are sinus headaches, I haven't checked my blood pressure). I had no problems on the Prempak but wanted to see if a change of HRT would improve my hair shedding issues and spotty skin. It's disappointing as I gave a lot of thought to changing - was led to believe Femoston (out of all the oral preparations) was most like our 'own' hormones and the progesterone to be the least androgenic. But it's looking very much as if it is the Femoston causing the headaches - seems too much of a coincidence otherwise? Going to give it the full three months trial before I go back to the GP and ask to be put back on Prempak....  :-\

Hi Morwenna

How did you find the prempak?
Why did you come off it?

Thanks everyone for your advice on headaches.

So far today, no headaches, so i am not so worried but will mention them to doc on 7/2/14
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:04:40 PM by Dandelion »

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »

Hi Dandelion

Forgive me I can't remember if you are on 1/10, 2/10 or conti?

If on 1/10 or 2/10, have you been having headaches all the time while taking it or have they come on when on one of the types of pill or when changing from one to the other?

If conti - then it could be the progestogen (some women are intolerant to any synthetic progestogen, even Femoston which is close in structure) to progesterone.

I do experience these persistent migraine headaches sometimes - connected with the HRT and aggravated by alcohol and when I'm on the progesterone. They last for 3 days and including night-time, so I can empathise with how you feel...

Hurdity x

PS Edit - sorry just seen your signature on another post and see you are on 2/10 - so at what stage were you in the cycle when the headache started?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:37:01 PM by Hurdity »

Dandelion

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 06:42:12 PM »

Hi Dandelion

Forgive me I can't remember if you are on 1/10, 2/10 or conti?

If on 1/10 or 2/10, have you been having headaches all the time while taking it or have they come on when on one of the types of pill or when changing from one to the other?

If conti - then it could be the progestogen (some women are intolerant to any synthetic progestogen, even Femoston which is close in structure) to progesterone.

I do experience these persistent migraine headaches sometimes - connected with the HRT and aggravated by alcohol and when I'm on the progesterone. They last for 3 days and including night-time, so I can empathise with how you feel...

Hurdity x

PS Edit - sorry just seen your signature on another post and see you are on 2/10 - so at what stage were you in the cycle when the headache started?
Hi Hurdity :)

I'm ten days into Femoston 2/10, after trying 1/10 for twelve weeks without success.

Luckily my headaches have not been migraines, although I have had a few more visual migrain auras, without headaches, which my doc knows about and has got me monitoring and reporting when I see her next on 7th Feb.

The headaches happened on days 8 and 9 of my first femoston 2/10. Today is day ten.

I got a non migraine headache yesterday evening, and the evening before, but this evening I am headache free, so I am now wondering if it was just the increase in oestrogen as discussed in my other 'bones' thread.

I seemed to tolerate the dydrogesterone in the 1/10, so, am expecting it'll be the same in the 2/10.