Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling very tearful.  (Read 10698 times)

twins2

Feeling very tearful.
« on: January 28, 2014, 12:34:15 PM »

Good morning,
I have not posted on here in a long time but I do visit the forum weekly,for the last week or so I have turned into a nervous wreck I have to admit I have a lot going on including my six year old twin daughter being diagnosed as austistic.I cannot seem to stop crying, today I went on a driving lesson lesson made a mistake and there I was in floods of tears poor instructor didn't know what to do.
My history is I have not had a period in 20 months,I still get hot flushes,some night sweats but not many,terrible heartburn,Most of the time I feel half deaf and my sinuses are blocked,do you feel it is time for me to go to the doctor for Hrt, I have resisted for this long but need help.
Thanks twins2

nicros

Re: Feeling very tearful.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 12:58:12 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Apart from my periods (I had an ablation when I was 41 five years sgo) you have the same symptoms I had when I went to my Dr 3 months ago. The crying is uncontrollable but it is starting to ease now I am on hrt. Sometimes didn't know why I was crying sometimes and couldn't stop at other times. My Dr gave me diazepan for when i am in a total state. I hope you get sorted out and I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter. Don't suffer in silence. Take care xx

twins2

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »

Thank you for your reply which made me cry again in a nice way, me thinks I need a appointment with my doctor.

ancient runner

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 02:00:03 PM »

Dear Twins: no shame in HRT, especially since you have young children who really need you and on the best form you can possibly be. xxxx

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 02:03:37 PM »

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad but it sounds as if you have a lot on your plate right now.  Bite the bullet and make that Dr's appointment if you can.....
In the meantime..... :foryou:

twins2

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 02:11:35 PM »

Appointment made for 10/2/2014,thank you everyone.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 02:18:13 PM »

Hi twins2 and welcome back.
I hope I can help you with this.  My son was diagnosed with a Primary Language disorder and within the Autistic spectrum when he was 4 years old - so I can really understand what you are going through. I do hope you are getting good support and help over this - I know things can be very patchy with regards to Special Needs depending on where you live. My son is now 24 and is doing extremely well - he has far exceeded our expectations - every child is different.
I would never tell any parent what they should or shouldn't do, however, if you need a sounding board please email me via this site and I would be happy to help if I can - only another parent who is going through or has been through this can truly understand.
Now to deal with your menopause symptoms: Just like you, my meno reared it's ugly head just as I was going through the trauma of coming to terms with my son's problems - so in effect you are getting a double whammy health wise. I was feeling awful; sweats, joints aching, dreadful headaches and my periods went from being sporadic to non existent in just 6 months. I was driving my kids to and from school in floods of tears -  frankly I was on the verge of a breakdown. I was lucky, I had a good GP.  I went to see her about the fact my periods had stopped and simply dissolved in an emotional heap in front of her. She listened and simply said "if I was her daughter she would advice me to see a therapist to help deal with my distress and insist I take HRT to deal with the meno symptoms."  I just did as I was told  - I knew I needed help.  This was over 20 years ago now and I believe she saved me from a total breakdown. HRT has come a long way since then and treatments are better.
I hope you have a good GP? If not can you be referred to a meno clinic?
If I were you I would definitely try HRT - you need your body to be as stable as possible. Flushes, night sweats and sinus problems are typical meno symptoms. The terrible heartburn will probably be stress related. The most important thing for you at the moment is to look after yourself - your girls need you to be on top of your game.
Perhaps start on a lowish dose e.g Femiston or better still bio-indentical Transdermal HRT which would be Oestrogel or oestrogen patch for the Oestrogen part of HRT together with Utrogestan (micronised progesterone) to protect the uterus.
Hopefully others will be along with help and advice soon.
WE are here to listen and support so keep posting.  My thoughts are with you. DG xxxx  :hug:

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 02:50:01 PM »

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it. There is no shame in taking HRT, I've been on oestrogen only for many years. Must be even harder coping with meno when you have youngsters especially one with special needs.  Think my mum must have struggled a lot with me as I must have been about 3/4 when she hit meno.

Pleased to see you've made an appointment, though what a time to wait! If you can't get  your doctor to understand & many of us have had this problem, ask for a referral to either a meno clinic or gynae.

Mrs January

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 06:35:59 PM »

Hi twins 2

Might be an idea to keep a diary if you have time of your symptoms for the time between now and the doc appt...I say this as there maybe  a pattern and also take  a list of the questions you want to ask and answers too..... We often forget when we get into the see the doc...

Hope it helps

Lyn (Mrs J) xxx

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 07:21:45 PM »

Hi twins2 and welcome back.

I would never tell any parent what they should or shouldn't do, however, if you need a sounding board please email me via this site and I would be happy to help if I can
WE are here to listen and support so keep posting.  My thoughts are with you. DG xxxx  :hug:

Dancinggirl - I'me not sure that twins2 can send you a personal message via this site yet, till she's got a few more posts. Really nice thought though.

Twins2 - Sorry you are feeling so bad but driving lessons are never easy, I'me just grateful I got them over with a few years ago. It's good you've made the appt, HRT  may well help, it did for me. Also, like Mrs J says, a diary of symptoms could be helpful, we all forget what we need and want to say.

twins2

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 12:09:10 PM »

Good morning everyone,
I will start my diary today and I agree it is a good idea to write down all of the questions I need to ask.
I have been reading through the posts on the forum just to educate myself on hrt as I know very little about it.Thank you for all your kind words help and advice,my husband says thank you also,he admitted to me last night he was really worried about me he says it's like the life as been sucked out of me,he is so glad I am going to see the doctor.I feel a little better today,thank you once again,
twins2.

nicros

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »

Good luck at the Dr, hope you get the help you need x

Mrs January

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 02:50:30 PM »

Good Afternoon Twins 2

Go girlie, take those first steps to managing this time in our lives....you can do it hun and we all help each other...... OH sounds fab too xxxx

lubylou

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 07:35:26 PM »

Hi twins2
You have been given some good advice already, which is the great thing about this forum. I hope the appointment with your GP goes well. The only thing I would add is to make sure you explain all your symptoms to the GP, the sinus problems heartburn may not be meno related, so make sure you get some help from your GP in dealing with those symptoms. You have a lot on your plate and HRT may help you deal with all you have going on. At the very least you can try HRT and see if it does control all your symptoms, for some here, including me, it has been a “quality of life” saver.

Good luck
Lubylou

twins2

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 04:43:08 PM »

Good afternoon everyone,
Well I went to the doctors and had a nice chat with a lady doctor she prescribed me Elleste Duet 1mg tablets,I have been taking these tablets for 10 days now.My question is when will I start to feel better I can't say I have noticed any difference?
Thanks in advance twins2.
Pages: [1] 2