Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone taking sertraline  (Read 13413 times)

Rowan

Re: Anyone taking sertraline
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 03:20:36 PM »

I think true depression is classed when you don't want to get up in the morning don't want to wash or care for yourself, don't want to eat and have no interest in anything, you would not have the energy to post on a forum, see anyone and probably just want to curl in a ball in bed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 03:21:56 PM »

Exactly how I was in the 1990s  :'( …… when my dog wanted to go out I crawled down-stairs, let her out of the door, laid on the floor dozing, then crawled back to bed ……….. anxiety is a different kettle of fish ……...

Scampi

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »

My thoughts exactly Honeybun - it's why I was thrown a curved ball by the prescription!  I really wasn't expecting the ADs as I know my issues are mild and, except when something extra gets thrown into the mix, I manage ok.  I actually asked the doc what I could do to make sure I didn't get worse, and to deal with the 'blips' .... but I cried!  Maybe that's what she went straight for the drugs!  She said she didn't think 'talking therapies' would help me as I can't pinpoint a trigger for my current low mood.

I know perfectly well that, for some people, ADs are quite literally life-savers, but I think they are a bit 'rubber mallet' for me (in other words - over the top!).

Thank you all so much for your input and support, despite my problems being very mild (although, to me, they matter - I am soooooo not used to feeling like this!  I'm the coper/the one everyone brings their problems to/the do-er, in my circle of friends, and getting tearful over a minor spat with daughter is just not me at all). You are all fab  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 03:28:31 PM »

:thankyou:  we get more sensitive because of hormones, don't you remember being tearful as a Teen?

Scampi

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 03:44:53 PM »

I can honestly say I wasn't!!  I've always been thick skinned, so being sensitive to people's comments has come as a bit of shock!

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 03:48:33 PM »

I am like you Scampi. My anxiety is mild and I can hide it very very well. But it is important to me. I dearly want to be back where I was a few years ago but that doesn't seem as if it's going to happen.
I don't think I am bad enough for AD'S but sometimes I just want every thing to be normal again.

I am also the sorter in my family. I still manage that one and as long as every thing remains calm I can cope. What I can't cope with is arguments.

Just have to find coping strategies, it's either that or run away  ::)

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »

I haven't started mine yet - too busy to even think about having to have a week or so out of action - I know, I know!!

Maybe your doc is hoping to stop you becoming worse Scampi. My anxiety has been as you describe for a number of years but it is gradually creeping up and my world is getting smaller as more and more things become a challenge. Simple things - agreeing to meet up with friends. Booking a night away somewhere. Going to the theatre. All of these I've done for a long time but wished them over so that I could then relax but now I don't even attempt them. Anxiety is insidious - I wish I had tried to nip mine in the bud sooner instead of thinking I could get over it on my own!

My doc asked me to go onto this site http://www.llttf.com/  which can help to lift mood if the depression is mild.

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 06:55:20 PM »

Great site Taz.

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 09:22:27 PM »

I thought it was good too.

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]