Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: First dates  (Read 8683 times)

Joyce

First dates
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:13:29 PM »

This featured on the news this morning. Girl was not amused! But something in me thinks the chap maybe didn't want to overwhelm her. She has cashed in on the story, so doubt there will be a second date.  ::)

http://www.givemesport.com/424104-manchester-united-starlet-blasted-by-woman-over-nandos-date

So what was your first date? Hubby turned up in his banger & took me to cinema, then for an Indian. Film was The Sting.  His mate had taken a friend of mine to the cinema only. She felt hard done by.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: First dates
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:57:53 PM »

;D …… he's 18, probably doesn't have a Licence yet nor the dosh to wine and dine in high style.

Which first date would you like to know about  ;)

I grew up with a guy from the age of 8, fell in love but it wasn't to be.  He chucked me when I was 13  :'( ….. I had several boy friends until I went out with the man who eventually married me: we were in school together, our first date at a dance, we spent kissing in a corner and I went home  :bounce: Mother thought I was on 'something'  ::) .  My sister cried bitterly telling me that 'this man will take you away from me' ……….  :-\ …….

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:01:39 PM »

Have to ask CLKD, how did you know it was love at 8  ;D

My first date with hubby (presume that's what CG is asking ). We met in a car park next to a pub and went for a few drinks. We had worked in the same place for a couple of years so we're already friend's. We were engaged five months later and married before we had been going out for a year.
Happy days.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »

I was 9 by the time I realised I could go anywhere in the World with him.  I loved him completely. He made me feel safe.  We shared family history.  When he chucked me my heart was broken, I can still feel how it was when I saw him unexpectedly with another girl  :o  :'( ……….

We are still in touch intermittently.  But hindsight showed me that he wouldn't have had the patience that DH has shown me over the years  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:09:48 PM »

For me at nine boys were horrible things who pulled your hair and tried to look up your skirt. They were not much better when I was 13. You must have been very mature for your age CLKD.
The furthest I wanted to go when I was little was the corner shop for sweets  ;D

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:29:48 PM »

CLKD the footballer is on £30,000 per week. Don't think the lack of license is what bothered her so much as going to Nandos.   ::)

My first proposal was at age 4.  ;D I moved away & that was the end of that. At age 15/16 was set up with someone who fancied me. Two dates later & I said no more.

First guy I ever dated was when I was 14. Went to see Bruce Lee film. That was a Saturday night, come the Sunday they'd changed the boarding to following week's film which was Do You want to Remain a Virgin Forever. Now my brother, who is 10 years older, saw what upcoming film was, but thought it would be funny to bring the subject up at teatime in front of my mum. He said enough to thoroughly embarrass me but not enough to give my mum a heart attack!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »

£30,000 a week at age 18 - in 1983 we paid £35,000 for this property  ::)  and it took 22 years to pay off the Mortgage!

Dyan

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 08:00:36 PM »

I had a childhood sweetheart when I was about 8.
The boy next door.
We use to get in my dads old Vauxhall viva that was in the drive but was not in use and I can remember my first kiss with him in the back. ::)
I remember he had chocolate round his mouth.
Perhaps that's why I love chocolate so much. ::)
Thought I was in love then.
He moved away and it broke my heart but I'm glad it never progressed he turned out a wrong un!

First date with Hubby.
Pub,Kentucky fried chicken because the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed.

He walked me to the train station so I could get the last train home.
He came on with me just before it left the station and gave me a kiss-awwww.......23 years later.................... Still in love!!! :)

Dyan

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 08:05:53 PM »

Correction....... 36 years later. ::)
23 married,9 years living together and 4 years courting. :-\

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 08:59:09 PM »

It's OK no one's counting  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 09:12:32 PM »

I can't remember where we went!

Taz x  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 10:44:31 PM »

No matter Taz. My hubby can't remember our first date. He can't even remember the night we met 30 November 1974 to be precise. I was wearing blue trousers & a white top. He was wearing brown trousers, fake leather jacket & open neck shirt. Oh & platforms!  ;D. After that & our first date it's all a blur.  ;D

By the way CLKD if you think that footballer's wages are bad, spare a thought for "poor" Wayne Rooney, £250,000 per week to kick a ball about. Madness!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:52:48 PM by cubagirl »

littleminnie

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 08:22:03 AM »

He does have to go to training CG, and all that travelling........  :)

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »

Shame!  ;D