Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Fitness DVD  (Read 7520 times)

libby1

Fitness DVD
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:49:59 PM »

Hi Girls

I'm trying to get fitter and am trying to go for a walk a few times a week but find I have to force myself to go  ::)

Anyone tried a fitness dvd that wasn't too over the top, just moderate exercise and fun?

Libby
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fitness DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 03:39:23 PM »

Have you tried skipping?  Running up and down stairs once an hour?  Walking a little further to the bus ……. hoovering is good exercise too!  Ballet movements are good exercise but don't do too much too soon!

You could go to a Zumba Class or join the local jogging club for company.  Not that I can be bothered with all that the thought is there - however  :D

libby1

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 03:45:23 PM »

Hi CLKD

I've tried Zumba and a keep fit class  :cancan: But it wasn't really me  ;D Can't jog as I have a dodgy knee but I am trying to go for walks but I have to force myself out of the house, just generally lazy I guess  ::)

Libby
x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 03:46:22 PM »

Can we have a lazy group then 'cos I could prevaricate for England  ;D.  Lousy weather doesn't help motivation either.

Hoovering then ……..  ;)

littleminnie

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »

Wii Fit. That is exercise and fun.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 05:30:37 PM »

AAAHH  - I was going to ask for that for my birthday and forget!  ::)

mamakaren

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »

I agree with Little Minnie, love Wii fit! There are also lots of dance games for the Wii that are lots of fun!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »

Must begin my C.mas list then ………..  :whist:

oldsheep

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 10:50:01 AM »

Libby, you might have a Fit for Life council run free class near you? There are several here in London. Some are way tooooo slow, for very elderly or sick people. I go to a nordic walking class. We nordic wal...ahem... stroll around a park (flat, bit boring) but the people are so nice and afterwards we end up in the park's coffee shop, undoing all the good we did a short while earlier. But it's nice to get out and walk and the teacher's great. She brings the poles for us all.
nordic walking is great as it gets the arm muscles moving too, however many of the official nordic walking classes aren't free, if that matters to you.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 08:24:52 AM »

If you google nordic walking it will bring up the website - not allowed to post the actual link as it has an online shop.

I've just had a look and there's an instructor a couple of miles from me. I might look into this a bit further. Thanks oldsheep.

Taz x