Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: help  (Read 2760 times)

gurkysgirl

help
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:53:39 PM »

Hi....could do with a bit of advice. I started my menopause at age 42. Im now 49 and still going thru it.  After a lot of thought I  decided to try HRT. My doctor has put me on Elleste duet 1mg. Ive been taking it for two weeks now and to be quite honest I feel dreadful. I ache in all the joints, my energy is zero and I feel so tired ive had to have time off work. My doctor has told me to give it 3 months but I just wondered if anyone else on here has experienced the same as me. Im seriously thinking of not taking anymore but I know thats not the right thing to do.....help.....

Dancinggirl

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »

Hi gurkysgirl and welcome to MM
Just a thought!! You are describing symptoms of a virus. I had a virus about 5 weeks ago with exactly the same symptoms; terrible aching joints and felt absolutely exhausted - it took me at least 2 weeks before I felt better. Usually the joints start to feel better and energy returns a few weeks into taking HRT.  The progesterone of Elleste can bring some PMT type symptoms so if you experience this, perhaps try a different type e.g. Femoston.
Let us know how you get on.  DG x

mamakaren

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »

Hi gurskygirl,  :welcomemm:

It's very hard to know what to expect from HRT! My Dr told me to wait 3 months to give it a fair chance as well. I am now on month 4 and my results aren't any better! if you are feeling terrible, go back to the Dr. He should at least be able to tell you if you have the flu or if it is form the HRT! It's so hard to know what to do! Keep us updated!!!

Karen

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »

I agree with DG. It sounds like a virus to me. HRT can give you an upset tummy and make you feel off but it would be very unusual to have the symptoms you are describing.

Honeyb
x