Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blood Group  (Read 12071 times)

Rowan

Blood Group
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »

http://www.saga.co.uk/health/news/2012/august/blood-group-affects-heart-disease-risk-322.aspx

Interestingly women who are blood group 0 do well on HRT as their blood is thinner.

Its wise to know your blood group and carry a card with it on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Blood Group
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:06:50 PM »

I can't remember which blood Group I am .......... nor did I think that blood is different within those groups  ::)

Mrs January

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »

Hi

Really I am O positive and have tried four different HRT's so far......lets hope they maybe right and I have it sorted .....

Mrs J

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 01:49:36 PM »

Mrs J I may have phrased that wrongly what I should have said that women who are blood group O have less chance of getting blood clots on HRT. That's the theory, others might come along and dispute this.

http://www.acu-cell.com/btd.html

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 01:51:54 PM »

Interesting SL. I can't remember what group I am. I must ask the next time I am at the doctors.

Hope I am O type.

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 02:32:23 PM »

It is interesting HB and I can honestly say I fit my blood group O positive type.

Think I have posted about this before, after I had had my hysterectomy, a nurse came round and gave us each a injection each of a blood thinner(for blood clots) my wound was healing nicely but the next day it had gone very bruised and had started bleeding, when the surgeon came to have a look at it, I told her I was blood group O and she said to the nurse don't give her anymore injections.

For CLKD  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 03:24:12 PM »

I'm O and was given blood thinners in hospital, I was badly bruised, but they still kept giving them.

Rowan

Rowan

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 04:39:58 PM »

Its said that blood O don't tolerate dairy and grains very well,that's certainly true for me, I do best on protein certain vegetables and fruits.

That was long before I knew anything about blood groups. I hated milk and never drunk it at school.

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »

Ok with grains. But dairy I cannot tolerate.

mamakaren

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 06:10:19 PM »

It's odd, I know I've been told my blood type many times. But for the life of me, I can't remember! :oops: I guess it's something I need to find out! I definately find the info interesting!

Thanks ladies!

Karen

Dana

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 06:22:24 AM »

Interesting. I'm A pos. 5% increase, which is better than AB or B.

Cassie

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 06:43:21 AM »

Im also A+ 5% risk yikes!!! :o

Maryjane

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 08:31:48 AM »

I am A resus ( sp ) negative. Had to have injections during and after each pregnancy to prevent having a blue baby.  I used to have to carry a card around with me, don't know if I still should. :-\

Sarah2

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 11:56:45 AM »

I'm a bit sceptical of that one piece of research. What needs remembering is that the Saga piece is written by an ( unqualified) journalist who is simply reporting a summary of something she has read and you aren't getting a lot of detail.
The actual absolute risk to an individual is not stated, but just the relative risk for each blood group.It seems very simplistic to say that X blood group = more heart attacks or clots. If this was the case then that data would have been available for years surely?

Pages: [1] 2