Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Struggling with palpitations day and night - doc thinks its perimeno  (Read 79229 times)

Nicodemus

Re: Struggling with palpitations day and night - doc thinks its perimeno
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2022, 12:34:14 PM »

Ah, I see, thanks. I have had migraines for more than 20 years so the deso isn't causing them. I was just wondering whether coming off it might stop the VA for a bit but if I did so I would still need some form of contraception (though VA is pretty effective!) and don't want Mirena (nor anything else that can't be stopped immediately) so my options are pretty limited.

I do need to ask about the blood test - I was in a lot of pain from the VA when we discussed it so didn't ask about numbers or anything.

joziel

Re: Struggling with palpitations day and night - doc thinks its perimeno
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2022, 12:57:55 PM »

Nico, ask what your FSH was and also what your estrogen was.

If it’s desogestrel causing this, your FSH will still be low (so you are not menopausal and still potentially fertile) but your estrogen will also be low….

My stupid male GP didn’t test for estrogen because he said the desogestrel would interfere with the result. Which is true. That’s exactly why we needed to test it  :-\

As for contraception, there are other POPs besides desogestrel which don’t suppress your estrogen so much. Levonorgestrel for eg…. Or norethisterone.

But also we are not very fertile in our 40s and natural family planning methods can work really well. Or condoms!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 12:59:40 PM by joziel »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]