Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Which types of symptoms worry you more?  (Read 3223 times)

Katejo

Which types of symptoms worry you more?
« on: January 25, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »

Apart from the obvious such as unexplained bleeding or breast lumps, which new symptoms worry you and make you go to the GP while others are dismissed as minor aches and pains? I am a bit hypochondriac sometimes but some things bother me more than others. A twinge in one part of the body seems more worrying than another. I want to book a holiday for this year but when I think of doing so, i find myself saying "Shouldn't you go to the GP and check this or that"?

jgr

Re: Which types of symptoms worry you more?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:35:39 PM »

Hi Katejo. I know how you feel, i am exactly the same. Worry about booking holiday in case there is something wrong with me. The symptoms i hate the most are. fuzzy/wooly head, palpatations/ectopic heartbeats, nausea and general feeling of being unwell now and again. I am on HRT so my symptoms are not all the time, nevertheless is does not stop me feeling there is something wrong with me. I am sure the Dr's think i am a hypochondriac.
I do have aches and pains and most don't bother me, however every now and again one does and that gets me thinking again.
I do think the menopause makes us a bit more paranoid with out health, and although the symptoms are real most are innocent changes in our bodies.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Which types of symptoms worry you more?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 09:35:55 PM »

Have a read of the menus, left of screen.  You may get a more clear idea as to when to visit your GP. Perhaps have a 'well woman' check before you book anything long distance?