Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hooorrraaayyy!!!! HRT seems to be working at last.  (Read 14779 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Hooorrraaayyy!!!! HRT seems to be working at last.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »

Unfortunately anxiety is a difficult one to access - I certainly had times of anxiety whether I was on HRT or not.  Yes, I think you do need to give it a bit more time to alleviate some meno symptoms such as anxiety - especially as you are still peri meno and your own hormones will be kicking in at various levels and times which you have no control over. A jump in oestrogen did make me feel more jittery when I was peri so unfortunately I think you may well experience some spikes and dips in hormone levels until you are post meno.
Are you taking omega oils?  They are known to help balance hormones whether you on or off HRT.  I believe Omega oils also help with mild depression, dry skin and brain function - I take a big dose every day and have done for years. Keep us posted about your progress.  DG xxx

Dandelion

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »

Unfortunately anxiety is a difficult one to access - I certainly had times of anxiety whether I was on HRT or not.  Yes, I think you do need to give it a bit more time to alleviate some meno symptoms such as anxiety - especially as you are still peri meno and your own hormones will be kicking in at various levels and times which you have no control over. A jump in oestrogen did make me feel more jittery when I was peri so unfortunately I think you may well experience some spikes and dips in hormone levels until you are post meno.
Are you taking omega oils?  They are known to help balance hormones whether you on or off HRT.  I believe Omega oils also help with mild depression, dry skin and brain function - I take a big dose every day and have done for years. Keep us posted about your progress.  DG xxx
Hi DG yes, I have got flaxseed oil, will start using more.

With regards to being on the stronger HRT only a few days, I thought, myself that three days is not enough time for it to kick in.
Let's hope I will be post meno soon, I've been having these flushes etc for a couple of years now, so it won't be long.

Glass.half.full

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 10:56:02 PM »

Dancing girl I was interested in what you had to say about fluctuating hormones causing symptms to also fluctuate.  I hadn't thought of that!  Last year was an awful  year for me with the palpitations, anxiety, breakthrough bleeds, night sweats and a weird surging feeling which left me feeling like I was being chased by a bear lol.  So far this year (after relaxing about the palpitations and realising they are quite 'normal' in peri) I've felt much better. 

If my symptms have improved due to my hormones behaving themselves do you think I should still go ont HRT or wait?  Hmmmm little bit worried that I may take HRT when I don't need it....

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 09:46:58 AM »

Glass.half.full
I think only you can answer that question. Your need for HRT is entirely personal.  If the meno symptoms are still giving you distress and your quality of life is restricted then it is well worth trying HRT.  However, if things have settled down (and for some women hormones can settle quite quickly)then you may want to hold off a bit longer.  I'm sorry if that isn't helpful. DG x
Reading between the lines, I think you are not convinced you need HRT as you are already feeling much better?

Glass.half.full

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »

Thanks Dancinggirl I think that's it in a nutshell - just needed someone else to put it into words for me.  I will hold off for a while and see what transpires - funny things these hormones aren't they?  Hilarious  ;).  Thanks again x

Dandelion

Hope it's ok to bump this thread.
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 04:43:02 PM »

Hi I just thought I would give you all an update.

I hope I am not speaking too soon, but I have not had sweats since Wednesday.
I do still get very hot, but not enough to sweat.
I can just be sat there and will suddenly feel really hot from inside. Other people around me, when asked, are not hot.
I am pleased that I have not had any sweats since Wednesday.
When I was sweaty I had to wash my hair all the time, and as my hair is dyed, this constant washing made my already damaged hair worse.

I'm still planning on sticking with Femoston 2/10 but I would like to know what is causing me to get hot though?

Thanks

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »

Glad your sweats have stopped for the time being.

For many of us the feeling hot happened for some time before the sweats began ( they certainly did with me - I wondered if this was what hot flushes were!) - so maybe as they decline you are going through the process in reverse.

Nothing to worry about and hopefully the sweats proper will stay away for most of the time!

Hurdity  x

Suzyq

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 08:29:40 PM »

Good for you! Maybe just some mild symptoms still to be relieved?? Hope it continues well for you.

Dandelion

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 08:38:54 PM »

Glad your sweats have stopped for the time being.

For many of us the feeling hot happened for some time before the sweats began ( they certainly did with me - I wondered if this was what hot flushes were!) - so maybe as they decline you are going through the process in reverse.

Nothing to worry about and hopefully the sweats proper will stay away for most of the time!

Hurdity  x
Thanks Hurdity and suzie

Does this mean that I can look forward to these remainng symptoms fading?
Surely 2mg oestradiol is enough, I don't know anyone who is on 3mg.

Suzyq

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »

I'm sure they will continue to fade, just try to be patient again!! 3 months is not long to wait and it seems like you are much better ATM so just enjoy and relax - I know - not easy to do....

ellie66

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 12:23:42 AM »

Me I am on about 3mg 4 pumps of Oestrogel. I feel absolutely fab.

ellie66

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 12:27:36 AM »

I was on Femston 2/10 for 3/4 yrs but my meno symptoms returned so now Oestrogel 4 pumps about 3mg and Utrogestan 200mg from days 15 to 26.

I feel wonderful. I am loving it. No side effects at all.

If you are fine on Femston then this regime should suit you.

Ellie

Dandelion

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 03:32:08 AM »

I'm sure they will continue to fade, just try to be patient again!! 3 months is not long to wait and it seems like you are much better ATM so just enjoy and relax - I know - not easy to do....
Hi

Thank you for letting me know my symptoms will continue to fade.
I can't wait.

Dandelion

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 03:52:05 AM »

I was on Femston 2/10 for 3/4 yrs but my meno symptoms returned so now Oestrogel 4 pumps about 3mg and Utrogestan 200mg from days 15 to 26.

I feel wonderful. I am loving it. No side effects at all.

If you are fine on Femston then this regime should suit you.

Ellie
Hi

Do you mean you were on for three-four years or three quarters of a  year.
Sorry to sound thick.
i'm hoping that 2mg will be enough to cover my symptoms as my GP insists on progesterone and hasnt got a clue what urtogestan is.
i don't fancy trying the other synthetic progs due to horrible mood reports on here.
lol

Dancinggirl

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 09:25:14 AM »

Hi Dandelion
ellie6 is describing a very popular alternative to Femiston,  however, Femiston seems to agree with you apart from the fact you are still getting some flushes and night sweats which now seem to be reducing on this higher dose.  Ellie66 is taking the absolute maximum dose of HRT one can take but ideally you should be on the lowest dose that keeps symptoms under control.  You are still peri meno and wil get spikes now and again but I'm sure you are better informed now about what your body is doing hormonally and can see there is light at the end of the tunnel.   If in 4-6 months you are really still suffering very badly with night sweats and flushes then review the situation - to change to other HRTs can take time to adjust and it's still early days with the Femiston. Hang in there.  DG xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3