Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hooorrraaayyy!!!! HRT seems to be working at last.  (Read 14787 times)

Dandelion

Hooorrraaayyy!!!! HRT seems to be working at last.
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »

I've only been on Femoston 2/10 for two days and the sweats have gone.
They went the first night.
The anxiety is greatly reduced.
Early days, yeah. Co-incidence? possibly.
I know these things can take a while to kick in, but if this is the start, then only more good can come.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me with my various menopause queries.

Dancinggirl

Re: Hooorrraaayyy!!!! HRT seems to be working at last.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 04:01:50 PM »

Dandelion - I am delighted you are feeling good.  You have had a rocky early ride but it is now paying dividends.  I'm not surprised it has worked so quickly because you have been on HRT a while now so there will have been a build up in oestrogen and I assume you have just upped the dose that has made the difference.  keep us posted about your progress. Good luck  DG x

mamakaren

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 04:17:12 PM »

Hi Dandelion,

That's great news!  :) Glad you have found an HRT that works for you! I am trying to find one that works for me right now! Is Femostan a patch? Just curious what works for other woman! I'm on the estradiol patch and have found that it works for the flashes but not foe anxiety or moods!

Karen

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:28:10 PM »

Great news Dandelion and long may it last!  :)

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:33:23 PM »

Hi Dandelion,

That's great news!  :) Glad you have found an HRT that works for you! I am trying to find one that works for me right now! Is Femostan a patch? Just curious what works for other woman! I'm on the estradiol patch and have found that it works for the flashes but not foe anxiety or moods!

Karen

Hi everyone

Thanks so much :) it's great to feel good and it's nice to have a dry bra again, lol.

Karen

The femoston is a tablet. I take the one for peri-meno women as you take the oestradiol pill for the first two weeks and then the oestradiol and dydrogesterone pill the second two weeks.

BreadFruit

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 09:23:33 PM »

What colours are the tablets?

That is good news. I am allergic to the tablets I received which is Prempak. I am seeing my doc tomorrow to change the prescription.

I will ask for Elleste.

But its good to hear I am not the only one feeling so much better since on HRT, if it were not for the rash.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 10:15:33 PM »

Breadfruit
Dandelion is on Femston which comes in sequi and conti combinations and different strengths.
It has a kinder progesterone and I know a few women who do very well on it - could be a good one fro you to try.  DG cx

sue23

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 10:52:28 PM »

hi have you had a hysterectomy , many thanks

Nina

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 11:27:10 PM »

Glad it's going well dandelion!

Can I ask bread, which strength femoston or elleste are you asking for? Prempak is a medium dose. I wondered if you would start on the higher dose of the new tablet to be an 'equal' for the prempak?

Let us know how you get on!

Nina

mamakaren

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 01:31:38 AM »

This is all so confusing to me!!!

Tinker2011

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »

Only just registered onto here but finding lots of helpful tips. Dr diagnosed low oestrogen levels, I was having anxiety attacks and my heart was racing. Previously had a breakdown so thought I was having another after a very stressful year. Been prescribed prempak but as still having periods every 23 days I've got to wait til next period to start. Am I being a "normal" peri woman. I'm 47

anna123

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 10:35:55 AM »

Hello
I've just been moved from Evorel Sequi patches onto the Femoston tablets 2/10 due to progestorene intolerance so really good to hear of positive stories :)

Dandelion

Hi is this normal pls?
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 11:23:52 AM »

Hi

Well, I woke up this morning and was a little bit sweaty and hot.
Is this normal, given that I have only changed over from low dose femoston to higher dose four days ago?

Thanks

Dancinggirl

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »

Dandelion - try not to worry - you can get hot and bit sweaty for all kinds of reasons e.g. a virus, a bad dream or just hot because the weather is mild. I sleep with my central heating off so I am more comfortable but the heating kicks in quite strongly at around 7am and I often wake feeling hot and bothered.  Incidentally what time of day do you normally take your HRT?

Mamakaren - dipping into posts without knowing the background can sometimes be confusing.  Dandelion started on MM site a few months ago with many questions and worries about HRT and with this current post she is updating us on her progress - which is great.

Tinker2011 - Hi and Welcome to MM.   It's very normal to be peri meno at 47 and to start some form of HRT. You've been given one of the old type HRTs which many women are very happy with - so give it a try.  It is low dose which at this stage is probably best. You may find you get fluctuations in symptoms as your own hormones are still working to a certain degree. You may also find the progesterone part of this particular HRT a bit challenging as PMT is quite common with Prempac - if after couple of months you are not happy it may well be worth trying low dose Femiston as it has a different progesterone type.  If you need help then do get back to us with your own thread with questions and worries  - we are all here to support you. 

anna123  - I know a couple of ladies on Femiston who are very happy - the progesterone in kinder and better tolerated.
Good luck everyone.  DG x

Dandelion

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 01:25:57 PM »

Hello

Had more questions, but I have found answers to them, so I am ok.
Thanks again for your input.
Pages: [1] 2 3