Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and Oestrogen  (Read 5133 times)

Anjia

Anxiety and Oestrogen
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:24:34 AM »

I have just had my elleste solo upped from 1mg to 2mg its the second week and the side affects are not good I have had leg cramps at night but now worse waking with awful feelings palpitations , dry mouth ,stomach churning then feeling sick for most of the morning. I have been on hrt for a year now after a hysterectomy and thinking about stopping it putting up with flushes and taking calcium for my bones has got to be better than this.

oldsheep

Re: Anxiety and Oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:46:33 AM »

When I was on oestrogen tablets, they upped my dose from 1 to 2mg and I climbed the walls. I then split the dose into 2 x 1mg with about 6 hours in between doses and that helped.
I'm still not 100% convinced that my autonomic nervous system dysfunction (high bp, slow pulse, weird sensory symptoms) isn't linked to HRT, although the meno clinic consultant says he's never seen it.
Before HRT though I was very ill, so it's a tricky balance. Can you not go down to 1mg again if that felt better?

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »

I really don't no Oldsheep what to do, the tablets that I have now are 2mg and I don't think I can break them in half as they don't have a line in the middle.I might go back to the gp just fed up today my head is pounding because of the terrible sleep .

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:23:31 PM »

Anjia
Why not try Oestrogel as this trans-dermal route can carry fewer side effects/fluctuations and with this gel you can increase the dose gradually till you feel good.  You just apply it to the inside of you thighs and start with one or two pumps per day for the first few weeks and then increase to 3or4 pumps if needed.  Dg x

Anjia

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »

Thanks DG I will take note of this and ask my gp about it I feel so flaming jittery and nauseas today and Im dreading another night like last night x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »

Whenever I up oestrogen I always get sick feelings and jittery and the last time palpitations reared their ugly heads.
Added to that no matter what progesterone I try I always wake up with a low grade headache.

Sometimes I really wonder if it's worth it at all until I stop and the flushes and insomnia return.

It's a b###r really.
Hope you feel better soon.

Honeyb
x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »

honeybun - I think you have made a good point regarding the compromises we all make when taking HRT.  We often talk about the risks versus the benefits of HRT - particularly when post meno - but HRT seldom comes without some downsides in terms of side effects.  I think this is another subject for a fresh thread. I might get this going soon. DG x