Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oopherectomy  (Read 3511 times)

myra

Oopherectomy
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:06:09 PM »

Hi.  It's a long time since I last posted.
I was found to have a cyst on my left ovary.  I was still having periods at 55.  The gyno decided that I should have a salpingo oopherectomy.   I had this done on Thursday, home on Friday.  Still sore which is normal, but feeling really tired - hope this is normal!!   I also got a hysteroscopy and D and C with biopsies.
My gyno said that I was probably going through meno anyway so he wouldn't do anything about hrt or anything at the moment.
I'd like to know of anyone else's experience of the above procedure and whether or not you needed hrt.   Thanks  :)

mamakaren

Re: Oopherectomy
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »

Hi Myra,

I had both ovaries and hysterectomy last year due to large cysts on both ovaries. I am 39 and am currently trying to find the right HRT to work for me. I would say that whether or not you use HRT would depend on how your symptoms are and what your Dr. thinks. Were you having any symptoms of menopause prior to your surgery?

Hope you have a quick recovery! The tiredness will pass soon.

Karen

myra

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »

Thank you Karen  :)  No I can't say I was having any symptoms other than heavy periods.  I'll just wait and see how I feel. 
Hope you keep well  :)

myra

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »

Don't know if it's weariness, or me 'ormones, but all I've done is bubble today  :'(

mamakaren

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear that Myra!  :bighug:

I also have days like that! Way to many actually! when I do I always try to do something to distract myself! Walk with a friend, watch a funny tv show or movie. There is also a funny section on this forum that might help brighten your day!

Hope it gets better!

Karen

myra

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 05:57:26 PM »

Thank you again Karen for your reply.

I'm usually an upbeat person but think I'm feeling a wee bit sorry for myself!!  Yes I'll have a wee mooch round the humour forum xx

mamakaren

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »

You are certainly aloud to feel sorry for yourself! Your body is going through alot! This is a great place to vent your frustrations as we understand what you are going through (at least to some extent)! i know that when I have a bad day, it's hard to get understanding from my husband and friends because they don't have the same experiences! Yesterday, I felt like I was near tears for most of the day. Today is a better day so far! I'm not sure what brings on the bad days. I guess if we knew that we could do something to prevent it!

Karen