Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Never rains but it pours!  (Read 26420 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Never rains but it pours!
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »

I enjoyed clearing the house after Dad died.  Mum sorted out what she wanted to keep and there was a lot of stuff that I had forgotten about over the years  ::) .........

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2014, 01:33:12 PM »

We found all sorts of things on Saturday whilst clearing.  Some stuff funny, some sentimental, some that might even be worth something.  We've sorted all the photo's and Mum's diaries (she kept one every year for years and years) and put them all in one cupboard to go through at a later stage.  We've all got boxes in our cars to drop at various charity shops and British Heart Foundation are being contacted to come and collect some of the furniture in Feb - getting there.....

CLKD

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2014, 03:43:03 PM »

Best not to throw out anything that makes you hesitate, i.e. keep or not.  I threw one jacket away which I now regret  ::) …………. will you read the diaries ……….  ;)

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »

Yes we will I think - we've got them all in a box with several more boxes of photo's and other "precious things" which we'll take turns at going through at a later stage - we thought we'd get too distracted if we started on those last weekend and there was more than enough to do without that.

CLKD

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »

When we get some sunny weather: large blanket, picnic, all the albums etc., wine  ;)

When we cleared out DH's Mum's bungalow, there in the dining room on the letter rack was his College Report  :o  ;D - one that we had forgotten all about but his Mum had kept it there ......... we never went through her personal items when we visited 'cos that's not what we did so afterwards  ::): Report now in his sock drawer  ;)

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:10 PM »

There are all our old school reports, ballet certificates - all sorts of stuff.  Think it will take a long time to go through but there is no rush with this, at the moment I'm still battling with the probate forms.  The main one is fine, very straight forward but the one for Inland Revenue, although only 4 pages long has guidance notes of 40 pages!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]