Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Easily Irritated by Noises!  (Read 2251 times)

mamakaren

Easily Irritated by Noises!
« on: January 22, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »

Hi,

For the last few months I have found alot of things incredibly irritating! The noise from tv and music drives me insane! I have not been able to watch a tv program or movie. 5 minites in I usually feel the need to get out of there. I am assuming this is caused by my meno since I have never experienced this before my surgery.
Anyone else experience anything like this? Any ideas on what I could do about it. I'd like to be able to spend some time with my family in the evenings!

Thanks

Karen

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Easily Irritated by Noises!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:54:50 PM »

We have 2 threads about this so it must be 'common' at 'our age'  ::) …i f you do a search you will see them!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 06:12:34 PM »

Hi mamakaren - which HRT are you on? This sort of irritability and intolerance can be caused by too little oestrogen I believe.

Taz x

mamakaren

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 06:37:07 PM »

Taz, I am on the 50 estradiol patch. It isn't working for me for anything except the hot flashes. My NP seems to think i am depressed and that causes my issues. she has been reluctant to increase my hormone and wants to up my antidepressant instead! I want to get off the anti depressant completely. I know I am not depressed. None of this started happening to me until i had my hystrerectomy last year!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:47:01 PM by mamakaren »