Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: suffering with anxiety/confidence.  (Read 11298 times)

nicros

Re: suffering with anxiety/confidence.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 05:21:31 PM »

Thanks Karen, I have 2 really supportive friends but one HSS gone back to work an unfortunately the other one has a seriously I'll daughter ATM so I don't get to see her much now. We speak on the phone everyday but as she spends most of her time at the hospital I don't get to see her everyday like we used to. Have really missed the company as we kept each other going. My dogs are great company though and I take them out for hours which helps. Just find I have some days where I feel very isolated so rely on this site a lot thanks for your reply, hope you cope OK too x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »

Tell us more about your dogs?

Suzyq

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 08:00:10 PM »

Hi mama karen I second the exercise thing. When I was at my worst with anxiety, I would go to the gym every single day - it was exhausting! Since I started hrt though my anxiety has massively reduced, so maybe getting the right dose is key! I also have lorazepam which I now rarely use, but it's a godsend for those really bad days....

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »

Suzyq I think that's what I take on an emergency basis - wouldn't survive without and knowing I have it to hand  ;)

Suzyq

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 10:19:48 PM »

I agree clkd. Just knowing you have it is enough that you don't have to take it!! Like a comfort blanket. Worst thing is at I had it for 4 months before I dared take 1 - after I took my first one I was like 'wow' I feel completely normal! Have only had 5 in total in a year so no worries about addiction!

nicros

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »

Thanks for your replies x. Well I have 2 dogs both lurchers, Jess is 7 had her from a pup and Ollie is 3 and a rescue with lots of issues due to being beaten and attacked by other dogs on the streets where he was found. That are great company and have a good hours run in the field near us every morning then a couple of shorter walks later. They sleep in between and are quite lazy. I also walk another rescue and I'm trying to build this up to make some money. Don't know how I would manage without them, well off to walk my friends dog now wrapping up well as its  -1 up here in the north east.x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 02:07:05 PM »

I fancy a pair of lurchers (don't tell DH  ;) ) ....... but not in our camper van on a muddy day  ;D

nicros

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 02:15:33 PM »

Yes I spend most of my time mopping up ATM, if only I could get them to wear doggie wellies lol x ;D

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »

What about a doggy bag which zips up, they shake the mud off - apparently  ;D

nicros

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »

Good idea lol  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 04:58:40 PM »

I don't think our spaniel would have liked it much but they can be found in pet stores or make your own?

nicros

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 05:16:55 PM »

Ollie might wear them but Jess won't let me near her feet so not so sure it would work.

Maryjane

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »

My dog goes out in a  illuminous(sp) bright pink dog jumper with a pink colour, poor dog is a boy. I would be lost without my dogs as they make me get up and go out, twice a day whatever the weather. They don't argue and always agree with what I say. :)

Until March last year I had a horses for ten years, the last one was PTS so that life style stopped abruptly as that was a great mood lifter, but it was financially draining so I have given up for good.

mamakaren

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 05:29:05 PM »

It's amazing what pets can do to improve out overall moods and piece of mind! I couldn't live without mine!  ;D

nicros

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 06:56:17 PM »

My dogs are much more polite and better behaved than my OH and kids.x
Pages: 1 [2]