Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Return of Mirena but is it ok....  (Read 7140 times)

Mrs January

Return of Mirena but is it ok....
« on: January 18, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »

Hey ladies

I have had a Mirena fitting yesterday and have a 2mgs of Oestrogen to top me up......I have  a lot on at home with relationship breakdown and atmosphere...

Can i ask? today I feel a bit of edge...anxiety and wonder if it is the Mirena ....is there any other way without tabs  and Mirena that i can take progesterone ???

Thanks....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:45:43 PM by Mrs January »

honeybun

Re: Return of Mirena but is it ok....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »

Bit confused.
Do you mean what progesterone can you take if you have the coil removed ?

Sorry just being a bit thick here probably.

Honeyb
x

ellie66

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »

Mirena made me feel awful I am on Oestrogel and Utrogestan we have a support thread on here. Its fantastic I have never felt better  :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 05:31:07 PM »

Ellie66 - are you on Utrogestan 100mg conti or 200mg sequi?  If conti, do you take it continuously or for the recommended 25 days per month?  How much Oestrogel do you use?
Do you do the Studd regime of Oestrogel with 100mg Utrogestan 7 days each month?
DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 05:52:48 PM »

Hi Mrs January

If you have only just had the fitting and started the oestrogen at the same time then your body will be adjusting to both hormones - so see how you feel after a few days/couple of weeks.

I'm also not clear quite what you are asking but if it's about mode of delivery - then I would go with ellie66 - and use either patch or gel for your oestrogen together with progesterone rather than the synthetic progestogen.

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 05:54:49 PM »

Why would she be taking utrogestan. The mirena is the progesterone delivery method with an added oestrogen.   :-\

Honeyb
x

Mrs January

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 05:57:17 PM »

Hi Ladies

So sorry I meant I have the Mirena and feel edgy today...could be me....could be OH is messing around again.....away without trace all w/e.  So what I was asking is it that If  i did not have Mirena or Tablet Progesterone...didn't get on well with it......Or can I take progesterone another way and be ok??? I have many health issues and still have periods ...but Peri meno:(

Do wish I could get this all okey dokey and feel ok again .....On a positive not someone asked for my number yesterday and said I was fit at '50....life in the old dog yet xxx

jakavi

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 05:59:20 PM »

I would also really like to know what other women are taking in terms of doses/pumps of the gel as well as the progesterone. !00 or 200? For 15 days only or together with the estrogen gel for the whole month? What is the Studd Method?
Thanks so much for. I feel lost at the moment. I'm using one full pump of the oestrogel and 100mg of micronized progesterone for 15 days per month. I am guessing that my own natural estrogen has suddenly dropped in the past month because I have lots of hot flashes at night and a few during the day too. I guess I have to up the dose. My doctor is very conservative, but I feel that if I am still having 10 hot flashes a day and feeling very under the weather on one pump, it must be insufficient.
Would so appreciate any feedback from others who are more experienced with this. Many thanks,

Mrs January

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »

Thanks again

I have the Mirena put in yesteray and have been taking oestrogen 20mgs for the last two weeks.....Still staying with Oestrogen 20mgs as before ...could be as you say just time adjusting...with everything else it is hard to balance my wellbeing xx

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »

As long as you oppose any increase in oestrogen with the progesterone to avoid any problems.

Bit of a balancing act if you are not using a combined patch or pill. That way you know you are getting exact amounts. Not easy to adjust except when you add on an extra bit of a patch.

Honeyb
x

Mrs January

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »

Hi Ellie66...

I have no idea at all about what it is you take....

I have tried Evorel patches 50mg...allergic to patches
Ellesse duet 1mg and 2mg
Femstron 10mg ......nightmare effect on me so low :( stopped it quickly

Now Mirena ...please hurry and let me get through this change lol x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 08:30:23 PM »

Hello and welcome jakavi.
If you are still getting flushes I would definitely try upping your dose.  Perhaps try an extra half a pump per day for a couple of weeks and then move to 2 pumps per day if need be.  Some women need as much as 4 pumps but increasing gradually over weeks or months is best as you need to give each dosage time to settle so you can tell whether it's the right amount.
It sometimes takes a few weeks for your system to build up the oestrogen level and settle down.
If you are still peri meno then your own hormones will still be kicking in and levels will fluctuate - so flushes will sometimes return.
If you are interested in the Studd regime - this is 1-2 pumps of Oestrogel per day + 7 days of Utrogestan 100mg per month.  Such a low usage of Utrogestan usually requires annual scans of the uterus and under the NHS they won't do this because of cost - so the regime you are on is usually prescribed by GPs. There are ladies on this site who tinker with this regime.  Check out the post that is going on at the moment under 'Oestrogel and Utrogestan' - you will learn a lot.  DG x

jakavi

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 09:06:30 PM »

Dancinggirl thank you so much for taking the time to reply! I don't live in the UK however this forum is the most informative and helpful that I have experienced. Do you have any recommendations for where on the body the gel should go? I usually put it in the evening before bed on my inner thigh. The same one every day. Have a nice Sunday! Jakavi

Dancinggirl

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 10:19:18 PM »

I always applied the gel to my inner thighs in the morning - other ladies like to put it on their inner arms.
I hope this regime works out well for you.  It seems to suit many women as it has flexibility whether you are peri or post meno. Keep us posted about your progress.  DG x

Mrs January

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »

Hey ladies

Still have a little edge today...any ideas? if it is down to the Mirena .....I do try to stay positive xx
Pages: [1] 2