Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: memo and sinus problems  (Read 2659 times)

sue bot

memo and sinus problems
« on: January 19, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »

hi the meno doesnt affect your sinuses does it ? as i  ive had this blocked sinus  for ages and not sleeping not had a period for 6 months now and hot sweats are coming an going
feeling fuzzy headed most of the time
and feeling bloated no sex drive what so ever
joys of being a woman
hi i started this post in 2012 and my symptons of my sinus have not in proved infact have got worse so as the not sleeping at night it drive you mad
anyone else have same problems

Taz2

Re: memo and sinus problems
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 03:12:40 PM »

Have you had any investigations for this sue? It could be an allergy causing the problem.

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 04:19:03 PM »

I find my sinuses are especially sensitive without HRT.  Either blocked up or runny nosed most of the time - very annoying.  I presume it's part of the 'drying up' thing that happens all over the body with the reduced collagen as a result of the lack of oestrogen?!   The sinus membranes become over sensitive and react to irritants more easily?  DG

rosie c

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 06:38:00 AM »

Its the fluctuations of hormones that affect the gut which in turn affect the sinuses. The sinuses react  to anything that shouldnt be in the esophagus by kicking in and dampening down. Very clever. You might not even be aware, or have any heartburn but the nothing should be in the esophagus. The spinchter muscle starts to relax caused by ageing, hormone fluctuations, and being over weight. I have bad sinuses everytime I over indulge, have my period, have a alcoholic drink, or get stressed ( when you produce more acid.) Its interesting that you said you feel bloated. These are just my observations, obviously.

rosie c

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:41:31 AM »

To clarify .... its the stomach acid in the wrong place, that causes the sinuses to react. I suffer with this and have noticed one  the sinuses in my temple always gets blocked unfortunately when i start to produce mucus,... .....and  it can be very painful. x