Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Conti Utrogestan  (Read 9142 times)

Sarah2

Re: Conti Utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 09:10:46 AM »

You can take it all the time- my gynae offered me that option because I was having bad period pains due to adenomyosis- like endo but worse!

It seems odd that you are having symptoms on Utrogestan after 25 days but I'd still suggest that the oestrogen-progesterone balance might be out of kilter. progesterone usually makes people sleepy, not the other way round.

When you say all hell broke loose when you stopped it after 12 days @ 200mgs- what do you mean happenend?

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 12:03:24 PM »

Dana - I know what you mean about the build up. I have a higher dose than you so it builds up quicker!  Mine is 200mg x 12 days vaginally, and I am usually fine for the first 5 days and then I notice it - becoming  fuzzy-headed, sometimes a migraine - or feel like one is lurking there ready to start. It affects my sleep negatively I think mainly because of the effect on the bladder - I need to get up more in the night, but generally feel more sluggish when on it.

Hurdity x

Dana

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 10:41:31 PM »

I know my GP wouldn't be keen on upping my dose of estradiol, and I honestly don't think it's necessary because when I'm not taking any prog at all I have very few problems.

When I was taking 200mg x 12 days, everything would be fine while I was taking it and for a couple of days after, but then for the next week I would have really bad insomnia. It was like my body was having trouble adjusting to the up and down of my prog levels.

I have found, with my experience and reading about prog, that it can have paradoxical effects depending on the person. Some people experience a sedative effect and other people have the opposite effect. It appears I have a bit of both.

As Hurdity just said, she feels the build up on 200mg, yet when I took 200mg for 12 days I had no problems while I was taking it, but the effect was horrible when I stopped. I just think it just depends on how everyone reacts to it.

Of course I'm still not absolutely certain the problem is the Utro. I also have to factor in the diazepam reduction I am doing. I've only been off the Utro now for 2 full days, and my sleep is still not great, although it's not getting worse like it was at the end of last week, so I will have to see how things are by the end of the week.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »

Hope your sleep improves Dana and you manage to find the dose/regime of utrogestan that works best for you!

Hurdity x

Suzyq

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 12:06:10 AM »

I can't sleep at all when on progesterone part! When I first started taking felt very good but now it makes me ill and when I stop it I have non-stop palps and dizziness for 2 days. I'm dreading the next cycle of it ...

Cassie

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 05:17:31 AM »

When I take the Utrogestan for 12 days, I feel so wired up at night, its like I have had an extra strong cuppa coffee @ bed time, my whole body is on high alert, not a nice feeling @ all!

Dana

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »

Thanks Ladies. I'm sorry you also have problems with Utro, but it is nice to know I'm not alone..lol.. It just seems you have the problems while you taking it, and I have the most problems when I stop it. sigh..... 

I'm undecided how to proceed, because I've been doing some more reading and there are a lot of people who don't recommend taking it for any more than 14 days. So I'm really not that keen on taking that much prog for an extended period of time, but then I'd like to avoid periods. I guess I'm just greedy...lol.... The one good thing is that since stopping the Utro I haven't had a period, and normally my period would have started by now, so it obviously has been keeping things at bay there.

Once I get settled again I'm toying with trying it for 21 days and then stopping for the rest of the month, and see what happens. At least this time I'll be prepared for whatever might happen. If that doesn't work looks like I'm back to the 12 days a month, and periods.

Worst case scenario is that I might have to try the conti patches with the progestin. I have no idea how I will fare on that. I guess it's just one more experiment in meno-land.
Pages: 1 [2]