Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Frankincense Essential Oil  (Read 4673 times)

sophia

Frankincense Essential Oil
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:21:39 AM »

Hiya just wondering if anyone has used Frankincense Essential Oil for overy  cyst and does it really work to shrink it?

Taz2

Re: Frankincense Essential Oil
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:17:13 AM »

Hi Sophia - have you had your appointment yet about the cyst? If so what did they suggest and if not then I think it would be better to leave things as they are until you get professional advice. There is a lot on the internet about frankincense oil being helpful in cases of ovarian cancer but I can't find any proper studies about it although it's healing properties, especially for external cysts, have been talked about for a long time.

Taz x

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:47:46 AM »

You need to ascertain what sort of cyst it is, most of them are functional/benign, so I would not stress too much. It also depends on whether you are peri or post menopausal. I used to develop huge cysts during peri, most of them disappear after a few cycles, even post meno cysts can be normal and are more common than we think. I have had a small one for 3 years, which my gynae has been keeping an eye on, I found that when I increased my progesterone dosage to a more regular, monthly dosage, the cyst got smaller. I have had previous surgery to remove cysts in my 30's but that was because they were big, I also tried essential oils etc but surgery was what sorted them out, but find out first, what size it is, and what sort it is and then let your Dr advise, but usually, if they are not causing any trouble, you can safely ignore them :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »

Sophia - ask the question on the UK Charity Ovacome  ......... ( which is how I landed here) ....... they will be able to give you a clear answer and probably advice!  Do not mess with ovaries!!!! how would one use it anyway  :-\ - I can't bear the smell  ::)

sophia

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 02:45:37 PM »

Thanks girls, the cysts are 2cm but i didn't ask  what type it was.  The blood test was fine so the cysts are  not cancerous.

I have had the cyst for 3 months now and they have stayed the same size.

I had early menopause and was put on Hrt because of my bones i had  a fracture on my foot.
Its just that the bloating just seams to be getting worse.
I'm even thinking of coming off the hrt.
I have been put back on to femoston 1/10 which i first started with.

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 03:07:30 PM »

Sounds like a functional, fluid filled benign cyst. Could be the progestegin aggravating them and your bloating, if this persists, you could perhaps think of going onto patches or gel with Utrogestan which is  natural progesterone and more "user friendly," and may help to alleviate them, i developed fibroids and cysts as well as bloating on the OCP and it was linked to the synthetic progestegin. However, if they are not growing and not bothering, you, they may hang around permanently, dont stress about it, if the bloods and scan are normal, then you can relax, they sound like simple cysts and as long as you have annual ultrasound to keep an eye on them, you should be fine :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 03:07:42 PM »

Contact Ovacome ........  ;)