Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: No smoking in private cars  (Read 8444 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
No smoking in private cars
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »

::) if there are children on board ……… and parents can't take their children on holiday in Term time without being Fined ………… and parents aren't allowed to smack any more ……….. and children can't often get into the village school so have to travel away ……….

when will it stop!

honeybun

Re: No smoking in private cars
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:53:19 PM »

It's a load of b****ks.

The PC police have gone mad.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 10:11:45 PM »

PC gone mad! How on earth are they going to police that one?

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:18:01 PM »

Well with the amount of unmarked police cars around here I suppose it just gives them another excuse to stop you.
An unmarked police car followed my brother-in-law home a few days ago. They stopped him just as he was about to turn into his drive and told him they thought he was not wearing a seat belt. He moved his jacket (big winter one) to show them that he was. The police officer just turned and walked away with no explanation or apology.

Mind you I hate seeing parents smoking in cars where there are children.

I really dislike the Nanny state.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 11:19:24 PM »

Don't think they do much apologising.

Thing about the smoking is, the children will be inhaling smoke at home too, or are they going to ban that too. I was brought up with smokers. My mum, dad & brother. I tried it, 6 months down the line threw them away as a waste of money.

I can remember candy cigarettes as a child which came in little cigarette style packets, they even had one end tinted red. Now how bad was that?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 10:48:20 AM »

Thanks Girls I wondered if I were over-reacting yesterday to the news!

Oh they were yummy  ;D

I would rather see efforts put into on the spot fines for driving using a mobile!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:32:51 PM by CLKD »

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 11:48:43 AM »

I agree!

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »

I remember those sweet cigarettes, I use to suck them until they were very thin :) I have never smoked a cigarettes in my life, but my Dad smoked, my sister and one of my brothers do and my daughter too, much to my dismay though non of them drink much if any alcohol.

My other brother loves his red wine but has never smoked.

So much for statistics.

I am allergic to cigarette smoke though so I think drivers should not smoke if anyone else is in the cars or in a confined space, or at the least ask if anyone objects. If I am asked I do say yes and have never had anyone be offended.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »

My Dad smoked roll ups.  My sister smokes, thinks she can give up but finds it difficult - she began when she was 9. I was offered a ciggie aged around 14 and told it might make me ill so handed it back  ::)

Rowan

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »

I am highly allergic to cats to even though I love them, if I go to too a friend who has one, she always puts the cat in another room, even though I still sneeze.

I know its different but surely people can be understanding as far a smoking is concerned too. I can't see how it could be made Law, people flaunt the no using mobiles in the car, you see it everyday.

Does it mean if you have passengers only?

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 01:33:25 PM »

There was a man not far from us who was charged with driving without due care and attention. His heinous crime. Blowing his nose while waiting at traffic lights. He appealed and the charges against him were dropped. You are not supposed to drink (I don't mean alcohol) or eat whilst driving. How about singing to music. Scratching your nose.
Where does it all end.

There are so many petty rules that it takes away from one's that could actually be helpful.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 02:59:03 PM »

At present the idea is that if there are children in the car there shouldn't be smoking - will someone be telling the kids then  ;)