Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: aches, pains and stress  (Read 3043 times)

pat21

aches, pains and stress
« on: January 14, 2014, 03:49:04 PM »

Hi and Happy New Year.  I am 10 years post menopause and I am experiencing pain in my shoulder, upper back and elbow. I find it becomes worse when I am stressed. I am 63 and taking Evorel Conti patch for the hot flushes (which I still get) The strange thing about the pains are that they move from one place to another.. on day my shoulder hurts, then the following day it has moved to my elbow or back!. Very strange... anyone else experienced this?

mamakaren

Re: aches, pains and stress
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:27:10 PM »

Hi Pat 21

Unfortunately I have been having a similar experience! Sometimes I am so stiff in the morning when I gat out of bed. I had a total hysterectomy last year & I am only 39 but sometimes I feel much older! I recently had to give up runny due to various aches,

I am also on a hormone patch!

Anyone know if this gets better with time?

Hope it gets better soon Pat!

pat21

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:41:01 PM »

Hi Mamakaren.  thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear about your probs. 39 is young to have all this!! Hope life improves for you. I also think the cold weather makes things worse. Things always 'feel' better in the Spring :) .. I just take paracetamols when it gets bad.. fingers crossed!!

Trey

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:28:16 PM »

I had far more aches and pains in my forties and fifties than in my sixties.  Still on estrogen patch, hyst at 32.  I find that stress and aging are a bad mix and now children out of the picture, life is easier physically.  I am far more active now and much older than other members.  Tennis and a two mile up and downhill walk daily.  I really believe it gets better, but I wouldn't want to live a week with hormones.  I've tried it and it doesn't work for me at all.