Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: NOVASURE ABLATION  (Read 3435 times)

angelindskiexx

NOVASURE ABLATION
« on: January 12, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »

Hi Ladies,
I'm not sure I can wait this out anymore or even want to.  I've been dealing with heavy periods (and often prolonged) for a few years now and I'm getting really fed up with it all.  I just don't feel well and I'm unable to cope with it,especially if my periods are going to start up again.    I was really hoping to wait things out because I went without a period for 10 months and thought I was almost there. However, here I am again dealing with the same old same old.

I am seriously thinking about NOVASURE.  I was wondering if anyone has had this procedure?

Thanks.

Mrs January

Re: NOVASURE ABLATION
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:21:15 PM »

Hi

Can you have a Mirena at all? could be the solution. I was on the list for ablation...has to be done under general anaesthetic mostly so not an easy choice to make.....Having started HRT my periods are a hundred times better that the days I had to have spare clothes with me!!!! now off the waiting list for ablation .....

let us know what  you decide ...for now I send you hugs xxxx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »

Angel - if you carry out a search using the "search" button in the blue bar top left of the screen this might bring up details of any member who has had this done.

Taz x

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »

My friend, like you suffered with terribly heavy periods, bleeding and clots etc. She had the Novasure and has not looked back, the surgery plus recovery period was a doddle and she really is a different person, go for it, why suffer when you dont have to. x

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:13:40 AM »

Hi

I had this proceedure about 3 years ago for the same reasons. Initially afterwards I had no bleeding and then my periods came back gradually, however they were never as bad as before but were prolonged.
Do do not be put off by this as I was also peri so my periods were playing up anyway.
I only wish I had done it sooner rather than later.
Most women do get positive results but you do have to give your body time to settle.
In terms of recovery I was about 3-4 days before I resumed normal activity.
I was forty two when I had it done.

Hope this helps

Shellb
xXx

nicros

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »

Hi, I had very heavy period's when I was 40 tried tablets and mirena coil didn't get on with either, had novasure ablation when I was 41 five years ago. It was fantastic I had some period type of cramps for a few hours after the operation then no other side effects. Haven't had a period since cannot recommend it enough, good luck if you go ahead.