Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4448 times)

cakelady46

Hello
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:57:37 PM »

Hi all I'm Jane, 46 years old and I work at home making and decorating cakes.

I haven't had the best start to the new year health wise and when searching for help I came across this site (hallelujah!).

I popped on to say hello but will lurk for a while reading the posts before I get stuck in.

looking forward to chatting with you all  :)

Maryjane

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 08:09:30 PM »

Hello my name is Jane to, I am a freelance wedding florist I have over 50 weddings this year, just got to keep a lid on the anxiety. ;D

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 08:10:27 PM »

......oh I am 47. ;D

moonbeam121167

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:40:58 PM »

Hi , glad you found this site its a great help knowing there is someone here to talk to 24 7 xx

cakelady46

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 09:55:59 PM »

Hi to you both  :) thank you for the replies.

good luck with the weddings, I haven't done many wedding cakes but know how stressed they make me!

It is good to have somewhere to chat as the menopause still seems to be a subject that isn't openly discussed between me and my friends.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »

We all are here to help and just to talk to xx

smudgy14

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »

Hi cakelady ,I am 49(50) later this year and am in full blown menopause after full hysterectomy ,cervix and momentum removed last year and still recovering from op ,the menopause been big shock bad flushes,weepyness,forgetfulness and mood swings and few other joys .This site has been a godsend and made me see I am not losing my marbles (well that may be debatable ;D) there is always someone there to help and having people going through same thing and being able to talk about it helps so much ,so lurk no longer everyone here to help ,take care and hopefully you be back soon. :)

mamakaren

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 06:04:36 PM »

Hi,
I'm Karen and am also new to this forum! Glad to have found this for sure!

Chaotic

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 06:26:29 AM »

Hi Karen,am also new and have read lots of great advice,it even just helps to know that my symptoms are not only MY symptoms :-)

mamakaren

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 04:35:53 PM »

I started out as a lurker as well but after reading everyone's posts and seeing how helpful and supportive everyone is, I have decided to be active!

It's good to know we are not alone and have a support system!

Have a great day everyone!

Suzyq

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 09:10:29 PM »

Hi all

I am also new. Have been on hrt for coming up to 5 weeks and the help the ladies give on here is invaluable! Especially encouraging you through the rough patches and giving support just when you need it! If I can help anybody at all, please just ask me

smudgy14

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 02:09:37 PM »

Hi to all the new ladies ,it really does help to talk to people going through the same things you realise you not losing your mind.My flushes are really bad today my face redder than it ever been and so weepy, just when you think things settling down a bit  it  comes back twice as bad  a right kick in the teeth,I hope this just a bit of a bad spell connected to some stressful things happening just now and things calm down soon ,does this happen to anyone else ?.Look forward to hearing from any ladies this happening to and maybe any tips to help .
Take care all of you.

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 04:15:30 PM »

Hello to all the new ladies, this site is a wonderful resource and has got me through some tough times. I have recently restarted HRT and the help and advice I received has been fantastic. I'm sure you'll find out everything you need to know, with the added benefit that the information is coming from women who have first hand experience of the menopause in all it's glory.

Smudgy14. I can identify with your comments about bad spells as this seems to be happening to me. Last week I felt much better and thought maybe I'm coming out the other side and then at the weekend I had terrible anxiety and felt as bad as ever. I think these spells are sort of cyclical but I can't work out when they'll strike. I have noticed that when I find myself feeling better for a few days or a week, that is invariably followed by a crash which can last about a week to 10 days. I also think that when anxiety strikes absolutely everything going on in your life makes you fearful, it's as though the brain becomes hyper vigilant and interprets everything as a threat to try and justify the anxiety. I haven't found a good way of getting through these episodes, if I find something that really works I'll be sure to let everyone know, in the meantime I'm putting my faith in HRT. Fingers crossed.

Best wishes to you all and take care.

K.

smudgy14

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 05:14:54 PM »

Thanks Kathleen for your reply just goes to show how great this site is as when someone understands how you feeling that in itself calms you a bit,I am going to try some of my old hobbies and listen to some music to try help a bit but it hard to concentrate on things,guess just ride this spell out and hope it not last to long.I have to get treatment next week for a back problem so going to be laid up 3-4 wks so that not going to help but nothing I can do I suppose.I can't take hrt so just having to deal with things as they arise,I take multivitamins,evening primrose etc but don't think they helping menopause at all so just gotta grin and bear it it is  just so tough at times  :'(
Take care ladies