Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BIM test/sensitive/intolerant foods/pills/potions  (Read 8464 times)

Sarah2

Re: BIM test/sensitive/intolerant foods/pills/potions
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 12:27:05 PM »

Hi Dancing girl

There is some evidence that Omega 3s help learning. I think the person you are talking about is Dr Alex Richardson from Oxford who set up a lot of trials in the UK. The other person is Prof John Stein (Rick Stein's brother as it happens) again from Oxford.
Great that it's helped your family!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:41:26 PM by Sarah2 »

Rowan

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »

We should have a sticky thread just for those who have studied or know about vit/mins and supplements or are just interested . I have a diploma in Nutrition also in Physiology and Anatomy and have studied this subject since my twenties. Doctors are only taught a  limited knowledge on this subject. Last Friday my doctor paid me a compliment saying I knew so much about it.

As I said it would be nice to be able to post in one area and not be challenged all the time, members who do not agree don't need to post.

The liver is affected by drugs, diet, alcohol, my OH has to liver count tested regularly because of the drugs he is taking, it is self regulating but can be overburdened. CLKD you have just quoted how a text book description of how a healthy liver works.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:52:20 PM by silverlady »

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »

I have always been interested in alternative medicine and also vitamins and minerals.
I don't know a great deal but I am open to new ideas.

I have seen and experienced how this kind of "medicine" can help.

I agree that we should not have to defend our thoughts and ideas.  Discuss yes, defend no. This reminds me of the flu jab topic. Either you see the importance of it for vulnerable groups or you don't. It's a personal choice and that should be respected.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 [2]