Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estradot 75  (Read 7131 times)

Suzyq

Estradot 75
« on: January 09, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »

Hi all

Sorry to be asking so many questions but was changed to estradot 75 from 2 pumps of estrogel. First day today and feel godawful. Just trying to work out if both doses are roughly equivalent? Any help would be really appreciated ...

Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Estradot 75
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 05:47:26 PM »

Hi Suzyq

It's impossible to compare the dosage from the SPC (which has the detailed info on the dynamics of uptake and plasma esttradiol levels) as they are expressed in different ways. Usually the standard dosage is given as 2 pumps is equivalent to a 50 mcg patch but there is also such great individual variation between different women. Also with the gel - the amount that gets into your system depends on the surface area you spread it on.

The bottom line is if you are noticing the difference within a day then it is likely that the Estradot 75 mcg is giving you a higher dose. Having said that it takes 12 hours from the time of sticking to reach peak level, but also 12 hours for your estradiol levels to decrease (if I understand what I've read correctly).

What are your side effects? I always wake with a headache if I forget to take the old patch off and add a new patch so that is down to a sudden increase in estradiol.

Also I can't remember why you have changed - but if it's due to typical meno symptoms then hopefully the side effects of the increase will subside in a few days as your body adjusts and you will feel much better!

Hurdity x

Suzyq

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »

Hi hurdity thanks for your help. Symptoms within 5 hours were numbness, nausea, headache, palpitations, dizziness and a sort of ****ly skin feeling. Changed because dr currie felt that I may do better with more even absorption from patch as gel seemed to be going high, then running out. No real bad effects when started on gel but feel soooo ill with this patch!

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:47:44 PM »

Hi Suzyq

So maybe you aren't absorbing enough from the gel but going to 75 mcg initially was too much and perhaps 50 mcg would have been better to start with?

The estrogen itself can't make you feel ill if you are already used to it, but the sudden increase can - temporarily.

Hurdity x

Suzyq

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 05:52:01 PM »

Thanks for your kind replies. Took the patch off and started to feel better after a couple of hours. Have no idea why he gave me such a high dose. Am persevering with gel for now, although the ease of the patch is very appealing. May well try again at a later date with a lower dose.

Winterose

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »

Suzy - why dont you cut the patch down a bit and try again? The patches are so easy and the 50mg are delightfully small .

Suzyq

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »

I might well do that! Just don't want to keep chopping and changing all the time. Plan to continue with gel and see if it gets a bit more smooth, if not will re-try patch! You are right! They are very small - I was surprised!